Champion Hurdle 2014

I've spoke to Admin. New rule in operation. You can only comment if you are attending said race. Do one Skippy!

I also think that's the most likely Paul. It'll be interesting to see if he gets a soft lead though and if he does he becomes a player. He was the one I was alluding to that could 'do a Hardy'.

Agree with you both, he is a player given the right race conditions, also assuming Un De Sceaux does not line up which I think is more unlikely than likely, what about Annie Power if the going suits her?

Come to the opinion that Un De Sceaux has no chance. All he has beaten is moderate handicappers, we don't know what he'll do when the gun is put to his head.

so does he have no chance or do you not know?

tbh, his prep isn't that of a horse that should be in the champion hurdle. no big field experience etc. unless he gets that in the red mills trial.

i suspect he'll be waited with till next year unless the owner forces willie's hand.

Tanlic
Save your money: Our Conor is a short runner at this level
You heard it here first.:lol:

Would point out that Our Conor's winning Triumph Hurdle time last year was the slowest since 1995. Any clues as to why as the ground still comparatively slow so no excuse there. ?

Would point out that Our Conor's winning Triumph Hurdle time last year was the slowest since 1995. Any clues as to why as the ground still comparatively slow so no excuse there. ?

I would say it was a mixture of the deteriorating ground, the respectful pace they set because of the ground and no top speed race to the line.

tbh, his prep isn't that of a horse that should be in the champion hurdle. no big field experience etc. unless he gets that in the red mills trial.

i suspect he'll be waited with till next year unless the owner forces willie's hand.

He has NO CHANCE.

I think his running style makes big field experience less of an issue and I can see him running in the CH.

As to his chances, he is a complete unknown. I get the feeling he will fall short but have no evidence to back it up.

The kind of people who back Un de Sceaux for the Champion Hurdle are the type of people that thought Barack Obama would cure the US's ills or that Dunguib would become the new Arkle or that Che Guevara would instigate real change in the everyday man's life in South America.

The kind of people who back Un de Sceaux for the Champion Hurdle are the type of people that thought Barack Obama would cure the US's ills or that Dunguib would become the new Arkle or that Che Guevara would instigate real change in the everyday man's life in South America.

:lol:

Our Conor is a speed horse, and it's that speed which had the Triunph won turnimg in, with no effective challenge from that point on. He was a miler on the flat, and like many of that ilk, depends on speed, rather than stamina, to win NH races. In the Irish Champion (a few levels above the normal Triumph) he had the speed to take the lead, but was unable to maintain it, so much so that the 3rd and 4th were gaining ground in the closing stages.
MTOY is also a speed horse -the idea that he needs a strong pace doubtless built on his tendency to face freely, but not at all borne out by his wins in the Betfair and at Aintree. Still not certain to stay in the Champion Hurdle.
Jezki and TNO both need a stiff test at the trip, but it's not the former's style to make all, and I'd have serious doubts whether the latter's pilot has enough judgement. Were Annie Power to run, she likely wouldn't want any hanging about, either.
Having said all that, pace is unlikely to be much of a worry, as the race is invariably run at a decent clip, and - loathe as I am to feed the Fly-mania - he's the one horse amongst the principals that won't care about the pace or the ground on the day.

Last edited:

I have backed un de sceaux
And is well known I am not Che Guevara fan.

Un de sceaux has beaten what has been put in front, on my figures he is well clear and the 14/1 nrnb is a dream bet.

The problem is mullins is blinkered with the hurricane to win and UDS style is not a help for the old horse.

It is a fine field but i dont see any 170 and i think uds is better than this.

His style of racing here is a bonos with no horses to take him on and the course should suit very well

You have been told.

If he runs he wins.

Then please explain the T-Shirt?

I was at leopardstown and a radical antisystem guy approach me and forced to to received a t shirt of the assesin, as polite as I am and I had to received it.

I used it in a Fancy dress party and the rest is history.

By the way
Who do You think is going to win the champion hurdle this year?

Last edited:
I have backed un de sceaux
And is well known I am not Che Guevara fan.

Un de sceaux has beaten what has been put in front, on my figures he is well clear and the 14/1 nrnb is a dream bet.

The problem is mullins is blinkered with the hurricane to win and UDS style is not a help for the old horse.

It is a fine field but i dont see any 170 and i think uds is better than this.

His style of racing here is a bonos with no horses to take him on and the course should suit very well

You have been told.

If he runs he wins.

You may not be a Che Guevara fan but I bet you are the driver who visualises those Can Can dancers in the advert about Sunday drivers, and I bet you were referring to their figures when you said he is well clear on your ratings.
14/1 nrnb will turn into a nightmare if he runs.

I was at leopardstown and a radical antisystem guy approach me and forced to to received a t shirt of the assesin, as polite as I am and I had to received it.

I used it in a Fancy dress party and the rest is history.

By the way
Who do You think is going to win the champion hurdle this year?

I think HF will win as the best horse will not be declared.

Do you think he would have won last years supreme?

I don't think he would have been top 3

With how that race panned out with CF simply outstaying MTOY, do you not think TNO would have outstayed any of the top 3, or had the speed to go with them, or both?

Interested to know who you think will be filling the places? Good/Soft
Feel free to change the order on different going :cool:

Che Guevara was one of the greatest men of the 20th Century.

The CBB proximity conclusion is a red herring.

I'm more Our Conor than MTOY now.

Back