Cheltenham 2016/2017

Yo Gaz......."We are making progress with him but it’s very slow. He had to go into hospital earlier in the year and picked up an illness which really set him back. He’s back in work and getting there but we’re not rushing him" Nicky Henderson

Perhaps Kingwell then straight to the Champion Hurdle

Max £20 refund but Skybet clearly targetting the new audience tomorrow as they're offering free bets if your horse loses in the Dipper.

RP has a News headline that suggests Powers are going NRNB on the feature races at the Festival, but typically, there's nothing loads when you click on the 'More" link.

#shitbox

Decent hunter-chase in Ireland tomorrow, with First Loot, On His Own and Foxrock taking part, but Martin has just shared this Tweet, so mind yer bets.

"Due to different rules, Foxrock, On His Own and First Lieutenant are ineligible to run in British hunter chases this season."

Yes, that was "well" documented Grass. I use the quotes because clearly not documented well enough given Foxrock was second favourite in 365 and Skybet's Foxhunter lists until yesterday :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like a 9 race extravaganza trials day. I see G Moore whingeing about moving The Clarence House to Cheltenham. He says it's not a fair or conventional course. Nothing to do with Ar Mad not going left handed then, think that is his and the horses problem, not the courses.
Don't recall him bemoaning the course after it gave him and Sire De Grugy their biggest moment in the spotlight.

VCertainly seems that was...Maybe glory going to his head and self importance setting in but he has no right to moan...the show must go on as they say

I hope he doesn't pull Ar Mad as a result. I think punters would prefer to see him around Cheltenham before March.

I prefer to see him at Chelt period. If he ran at Ascot and got beat then he would've ran him in Ryanair, now at least if he loses but only by a short distance everyone will see if he's right or not about the supposedly left-hand tracks and if it proves he's not then the CC it is. But if he finds excuses now for not running, he'll find for March too.

Back