Cheltenham Festival 2012: DAY 4

Long Run still clips too many for my liking. Will have to watch again but like Hamm, I expected LR to go to the front and take more of a hold on the race. That was his trademark wasnt it?

Now lets wonder if BG had been on...

Nice words from JP re Kauto. A gent

Gutted but not surprised for Kauto. Owes nobody anything. At least he came back in one piece. Can't help feeling a bit flat now though.

Absolutely. No way did Denman or Kauto run anywhere near their best last year. I mean he's a nice stayer, but as good as Moscow Flyer? Halifax boys are 'avin a larrrrfff.

Im not a jockey basher but the more i watch SWC on this horse, the more i just sense that more could be achieved by a real pro. Im no riding expert at all, but he just makes it look harder work than it should be

Thanks Hamm

Where is your own Humility

I am completely sure the best horse won.

And am very happy for McCoy, who is a thoroughly nice person.

But, to hear this 'JP is top class'. Well, I for one look forward to the day he is out of racing. He, and his antics, are worse than any number of whip offences, and on a par with all those jockeys being reported.

Last edited:
I was more in referring to his post race comments as was reference by others shortly after me.

I would call your thoughts on SWC today more 'naive' than anything else on this thread

I was more in referring to his post race comments as was reference by others shortly after me.

I would call your thoughts on SWC today more 'naive' than anything else on this thread

Oh dear. So, you think saying a stayer should have had more use made of him is naive?

Back