Cheltenham Festival Going

Had a frost last night, been fine and sunny all day. Rain forecast tomorrow but latest local forecast is getting drier end of next week and through Festival week.
Heard a piece on local radio this morning saying Ian Renton, head honcho, is "absolutely delighted " at how the course is shaping up.

Thanks DG. Forecast looks great too so should be looking at Good/soft at least. Still 8/11 which is surprising with that forecast.

1st banker of the week. :)

March11_zpsc4aaeb4a.jpg

Simon Claisse live from Cheltenham at the Dunraven Arms hotel preview night: almost changed Gd to soft, soft in places but tipping down rain so left it alone. Watering unlikely but forecast good, temperature rise from Wed next week, up to 15 degrees...

God has the heating on full......Carries on like this and there will be no meeting place for anything with a melody.

Last edited:
Typical. It was so cold last year I had so many layers on that I felt like the Michelin man. Accordingly have acquired a new set of gear that would allow me to withstand Artic conditions.
Mind you as Roddy said, it will be cold-especially when the sun sinks. I'm sure thinning of the blood due to alcohol doesn't play a part.

Looks like the weather might be like 2003 when it was glorious and was much the best festival financially for me !

Back in Front, Rooster Booster,Azertyuiop,You'llneverwalkalone,Hardy Eustace Xenophon , Best Mate, Baracouda . Liberman, Spirit Leader and La Landiere

Last year Mike told me afterwards that his feet were so cold he feared that he wouldn't be able to drive home. Bought loads of warm clothes in preparation for this year [Ugg boots etc] so you can thank me for us [hopefully] having nice weather [I'm still wearing them though!!]

Looks like the weather might be like 2003 when it was glorious and was much the best festival financially for me !

Back in Front, Rooster Booster,Azertyuiop,You'llneverwalkalone,Hardy Eustace Xenophon , Best Mate, Baracouda . Liberman, Spirit Leader and La Landiere

Remember it fondly - but think it was before they discovered the hosepipe.

Going stick only 1.4 points from the time being .09 fast and that was watered.

Some guy just emailed ATR who lives in Cheltenham and he's asking is it a good bet to say they will turn the taps on....Said its absolutely gorgeous suns out and more to come.

Back