Coral Eclipse

jamesaknight James Knight
@coral will be 11/10 #soyouthink tomorrow from 8:30am in the Race Of The Season #eclipse #maytheforcebewithus

Can't wait for the morning trading. Bookmakers will be falling over themselves to lay the front two. Anyone having a bet now is mental.

I think anyone betting without knowing what the ground is..is mental tbh

how could WF be value at 2/1 earlier in the week..if he doesn't take part for instance?..you have lost your stake

the ground looks to be nearing fast ground looking at the times today..making WF not good value

the value tomorrow..if they don't water fook out of it..is clearly Snow Fairy at about 10/1

will act on the going..will get the race run to suit

Snow Fairy - a no hoper ? What an absurd suggestion - she may need the run tomorrow but a horse that last time she ran won in style and had well behind Planteur, Stacelita, Cirrus des Aigles and Sri Putra cannot be a " no hoper "

SYT might be a wonder horse but not on his form at Ascot - Workforce for me .

Last edited:
There's always the little thinking about AO'B ... will he have just primed up SYT, found an extra bit of tune? It's his talk that bolsters the price, too ....
Still no news of any relevant times, either.

This race? It's a mystery! :ninja:

Evs and 2/1 freely available today. Betting on the day has never been so advantageous to the punter.

Snow Fairy - a no hoper ? What an absurd suggestion - she may need the run tomorrow but a horse that last time she ran won in style and had well behind Planteur, Stacelita, Cirrus des Aigles and Sri Putra cannot be a " no hoper "

SYT might be a wonder horse but not on his form at Ascot - Workforce for me .

who is this person thats called her a no-hoper?

she wins for me...clear value on fast ground..in a fast race..bring it on ;)

I really hope So You Think wins today. Ballydoyle got their tactics wrong at Ascot and it didn't suit. Workforce and Snow Fairy are top horses though and I hope we get a real good race

[FONT=&quot]I think Workforce will be okay. He quickens better than the others and may be able to use that to his advantage on this going.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Despite being fully exposed, winning 10 of his 15 starts – and contrary to what we might imagine by his odds – So You Think is not the highest rated horse in the race. On RPRs the much less exposed Workforce (four wins from six starts) is the only one to have run to 130. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We would do well to reflect that the shortest priced loser of the Eclipse was a 3 to 1 on shot.[/FONT]

I had mentioned elsewhere that I thought on quick ground, SYT is top notch. I appreciate that might not look it as he has won on softer, but I think he rattles off that ground. A good performance and no excuses on the day, although WF likely to come on again for the run but I think Heffernan should have been a little closer. I think SYT has a great turn of foot for a furlong or two and thought they would use it to kick on after the turn in. They used it to catch WF instead. A cracking race and IMO, two fine horses.

Back