Coral Eclipse

Brilliant race, SYT looks an amazing physical specimen, can't wait to see them clash again.

Good winner. Proximity of Sri Putra suggests SYT might not be as good as I thought.

Workforce will probably improve for slower ground and 2f more.

Two top horses battling it out for 2f is all you could wish for. It confirms how lucky we are this year to have so many top horses. I am still a little deflated as I thought the winner would piss in....he had everything in his favour today.

It was a great race such a shame that the hype about SYT has been so overblown that beating a top class Derby winner half a length is seen as a disappointment .

WF looked to have him till 100yds out and looked to me as if the firm ground did for him and on the head on looked unbalanced close home .

If SYT ever beats him again I shall be very surprised . SYT is a top class G1 horse sea the stars he ain't .

As for Snow Fairy congrats to suny for getting her position right but due was miles below form look what she did to the third in Hong Kong .

That reminded me of Fantastic Light against Galileo in the Irish Champion. The latter the better animal overall but that drop in distance just making the difference. I think Workforce is a 132/133 horse over 12f and ran to around 127/128 there.

It was a great race such a shame that the hype about SYT has been so overblown that beating a top class Derby winner half a length is seen as a disappointment .

This is true, the hype spoilt it a bit for me too, but it was a great race.

I $thought he won it with a touch in hand, too.

I knew he was a very good horse. All this thrashing of the Aussie form hacked me off a bit. International classifications and RPR showed he was a top horse last year. He was beaten by a very good horse. He looked to me like a banker.

I just thought there was a chance that he could be a top, top horse. The way I see it, I knew he was that good, but I hoped he was even better.

Call me greedy, victim of hype or whatever you wish.

but thats what you have to do with a stayer

its the ground..for the umpteenth time ;)

I'm not sure who the stayer is between them. SYT has even stouter breeding than Workforce.

The going I'm more inclined to take than the trip. I thought Workforce would be okay on it today (and he was), but there is no doubt he has the rounder action of the two and softer going would have been more to Workforce's advantage.

It was pretty fair to both though and the best horse on the day won.

Last edited:
I just thought there was a chance that he could be a top, top horse. The way I see it, I knew he was that good, but I hoped he was even better.

Call me greedy, victim of hype or whatever you wish.

You were right... you greedy victim of hype.

To digress briefly the thing I remember most about Sea the Stars's Eclipse is what fortune rather indiscreetly said as AOB was still puffing up RVW - that STS was toying with him

Very good point. I was a bit underwhelmed the way he stayed on up the hill past Workforce.

Ha ha

Heffernan came across as a prize twit in that interview with nick luck . He certainly has learned the Ballydoyle bullshit technique well.

Thanks EC. I don't think there is any reason to believe that is not as good as Workforce is over 10f.

Ha ha

Heffernan came across as a prize twit in that interview with nick luck . He certainly has learned the Ballydoyle bullshit technique well.

He gives an awful interview. Nick Luck did not help by asking him in a roundabout way was he surprised to given a Group 1 ride on a good horse.

For those who got upset at the supposed english trashing of the aussie form (the real issue) it would have been somewhat more helpful if there had been some supporting evidence to back your faith in it. Other than nominating elvestroem....

One good thing about the result is that it should shut up any sneering at aob by bart simpson whilst also confirming its not easy racing over here

For those who got upset at the supposed english trashing of the aussie form (the real issue) it would have been somewhat more helpful if there had been some supporting evidence to back your faith in it. Other than nominating elvestroem....

One good thing about the result is that it should shut up any sneering at aob by bart simpson whilst also confirming its not easy racing over here

AOB could so easily have trotted out your line about receiving a half fit poorly trained porkadelic which has took 3 runs to get fit;)

Back