Coronation Cup

Wits end ...

I only have myself to blame, as I made a promise at the start of the season not to back any horse ridden by Richard Hill. Sure, you'll miss out on some winners, but your life will be much the better without the frustration a ride of his brings.

Best horse; worst jockey.

Well done to Ask backers.

I'd agree with that. I'd still expect Ask to come up short against a true G1 animal.

Look Here was terrific on her come back run.

In an even pace, no 3 year old will beat Youmzain senseless. I wouldn't bet many will beat him.

Ballydoyle's best horse beat him when he should have been disqualified, and the brilliant Zarkava was all that beat him in last year's Arc.

He needs a new pilot though.

Ballydoyle's best horse beat him when he should have been disqualified, and the brilliant Zarkava was all that beat him in last year's Arc.

But he needs his conditions and they will occur in the Arc. I hope they don't go to Ascot with him.

Beat him a nose when he was over the top and racing on the wrong ground. Dylan Thomas of course beat him senseless in the King George.

I think the Derby winner will be a 130 horse plus this season....Youzmain is a 125-126 horse at best imo.

Beat him a nose when he was over the top and racing on the wrong ground. Dylan Thomas of course beat him senseless in the King George.

I think the Derby winner will be a 130 horse plus this season....Youzmain is a 125-126 horse at best imo.

Youmzain wasn't himself and also on the wrong ground in the King George... :D

A proper one!

Whoever recruited Hills as Youmzain's 'big race jockey' needs to think about their decision.

Galileo - what is a flat season without a Youmzain debate? :D

Indeed! I was foolish enough to fancy the horse to win today....never again! Always has place claims but a genuine top class Group 1 winning performer he is not even weak ones such as todays and the last day in Dubai.

At his best Timeform have him at 131. That might be a tad OTT but he's clearly a good three pounds better than Soldier of Fortune who would be my idea of a 126 animal.

At his best Timeform have him at 131. That might be a tad OTT but he's clearly a good three pounds better than Soldier of Fortune who would be my idea of a 126 animal.

131 is laughable....I would have Youmzain and Soldier Of Fortune around the 124-126 mark.

Johnny Murtagh will miss the last two days of Royal Ascot after being found guilty of careless riding aboard the unplaced Frozen Fire.
Murtagh appeared to allow his mount to drift towards the rail in the straight, impeding the run of Buccellati. The stewards subsequently inquired into the incident and banned Murtagh for five days which rules him out of races such as the Coronation Stakes and Golden Jubilee Stakes.

Richard Hughes would have won well today. No reason in jocking him off (i have lost plenty of win stakes (usually backed him each way) on Hughes on Youmazin, but can clearly see he suits the horse.

Looks like the stewards are reading TH then!!!

Next thing to do is reverse the result and declare Buccellati the winner please;)

I don't understand that rule; if you break the rules in a Group 1, you should have to serve a Group 1 penalty.

I don't think he'll miss too much Ballydoyle-wise; most of their big race targets will be in the first 3 days. Only Bushranger comes to mind, though I am sure I'm probably forgetting 1 or 2.

Back