Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Good to hear that; I'm sure he'll be well looked after by Paddy. I assume he must have been very fond of the horse when he rode for NTD.

Group 2 winner and Grand Steeplechase De Paris/Prix La Haye Jousselin regular Pibrac was killed in a fall at Clairefontaine on Saturday - he amassed a total of 875,000 (Euro's) since debuting on the flat at Fontainebleau in 2007.

Martin

Olly Stevens will not be renewing his trainer’s licence next year despite having enjoyed significant top-level success in three brief years at the helm of Sheikh Fahad’s Robins Farm Racing operation near Chiddingfold in Surrey.

That's a fair shock, DG! Having just read the RP report, I wonder how much more there is to it. I realise that any salaried job however much desired can be a very hard role to maintain and possibly the pressure on top of having a young family puts things into perspective. A great shame as he had done so well, so quickly.

Oh, that's very sad.
Didn't he have a leg amputated some years ago, but continued to ride out at Easterby's using a prosthetic limb?
Rest in peace, Lindsay.

Back