Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Me too, Barry, I only got to see Colm's messages last night on the home computer because I don't have a smartphone.

If the ground is suitable, Captain Ramius is to have his last race in the Ayr gold cup.

Street Cry succumbed to complications of the neurological issues he'd been having in Australia yesterday at the tender age of 16. Huge loss for Darleys breeding arm in the US

Oh no, that's a huge loss for breeding in general.
'Least Darley have Street Sense to continue the bloodline, tho' I guess it's overly optimistic to expect him as a stallion to emulate the greatness of his Da. Street Cry was a one-off.

On the distaff side, I'm delighted to see that Cry's daughter Zenyatta's first foal -- Cozmic One (by Bernadini) -- had a pleasing breeze up on his first official work five days ago ............... doing 49.50 for 4f on fast dirt at Belmont.
Shireffs seems to be saying that Cozmic will have his debut at the 2015 Saratoga meet. Looking forward to seeing the fella. :)

Or was it his son, Street Sense, that Calv was associated with? I'm fairly certain that Borel rode Street Sense to win the Ky Derby in the mid-to-late 2000's, having previously won the Breeder's Cup Juvenile on the same horse.
If memory serves me right, I think that Jerry Bailey was the regular jock for Street Sky, although Dettori also steered him to a couple of wins. Frankie deffo won a UAE 2000 Guineas on Street Cry around a decade back.

Echo that. Great to see another NH hero bowing out in one piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celestial Halo retired. Hopefully for a long, fun and happy one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw that and immediately thought of EC1.

A grand little yoke; quirky but very smart on his day.

I'd say he was probably 160 at his very best. :whistle:

:D

Celestial Halo rated very highly on our best all rounders chart if memory serves; the one where top flat, hurdle and chase ratings were compiled a few years ago.
A horse that stayed on top of his game for years, quirks or no.

Celestial Halo rated very highly on our best all rounders chart if memory serves; the one where top flat, hurdle and chase ratings were compiled a few years ago.
A horse that stayed on top of his game for years, quirks or no.

Cracking horse, but can't have believe he fitted into this category, don't think he ever won a chase.

Sad about Street Cry :(

Glad to see celestial halo retiring in one piece, I too hope he has a long and happy retirement.

Nx

Sounds like Wigmore Hall was a fatality today? Really sad - he was such a stalwart in the yard.
Tomorrow, and on the front page I understand, the Daily Mirror does a truly horrible "article" on Wigmore's sad demise. Pure tabloid sensationalism.
You need to be alerted that the article contains some distasteful photo's before clicking the link.
Taken from another horseracing forum, btw.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shocking-picture-shows-racehorse-champion-4290791

Back