Forum horse connections

Attain runs tonight in the 6.15 Goodwood. Expecting a big run from him stepped up in trip, he's really strengthened up in recent weeks and looks a big strapping horse now. He'll be fine on the track and he'll like the slight give underfoot too.

Apprentice handicap so booked Shirley Teasdale who is Dandy Nicholls apprentice and she seems strong and tidy and looks a reasonable judge of pace which is all I ask for. She can claim 5 too.

I've taken some 14s last night and some 8s this morning. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't go very close.

Best of luck Gamla. Have watched ST on a few runners these past few weeks ( with a view to laying ), but have quickly found out she is pretty decent.

Attain runs tonight in the 6.15 Goodwood. Expecting a big run from him stepped up in trip, he's really strengthened up in recent weeks and looks a big strapping horse now. He'll be fine on the track and he'll like the slight give underfoot too.

Apprentice handicap so booked Shirley Teasdale who is Dandy Nicholls apprentice and she seems strong and tidy and looks a reasonable judge of pace which is all I ask for. She can claim 5 too.

I've taken some 14s last night and some 8s this morning. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't go very close.

7/1 best I could get...that will have to do...

Attain managed to both lose a front shoe and get struck into at Goodwood tonight unfortunately. Pictures below!

Hats off to Shirley Teasdale who got the train down from Thirsk all the way to Goodwood, a ten hour round trip just to ride Attain for us. That is dedication! She gave him a lovely ride until she asked him for an effort and he obviously just stopped very quickly given his lack of shoes, flesh and blood. The cut seemed superficial and hopefully it hasn't touched a tendon, the on course vet did a fantastic job and even let us in the box to see him be treated and explained everything very well.

AwBWBkLCEAEUYD_.jpg

AwA0ZWyCIAAf-HC.jpg:large

Tough luck, Gamla. The list of things that can go wrong with horses is near infinite. Fingers crossed this doesn't set him back unduly.

is that eband instead of a bandage? thats going to be a bugger to get off... (had a racecourse vet do that to me once before - Philip had told him im a nurse and I swear he did it on purpose becuse of it!!)

Hope its not too bad and hes not too sore today - lovely horse :)

Our syndicate horse Simpson Millar is back from injury and entered on Friday, 29th.June in the one mile handicaps at Musselburgh and Doncaster. The Musselburgh race is 0 - 65 whereas the Doncaster one is 0 - 70. Purely on the basis on the order of elimination, the Musselburgh one looks more likely as there are only 17 ahead of Simpson in the handicap amongst the entries against 34 at Doncaster. Simpson's handicap mark currently is 52.

I will no doubt receive a message to say he's well handicapped on his homework as is the norm but on his racecourse form he's a 100/1 shot. He has filled out though and I personally see him as a top of the ground horse by his action but hopefully with this being his first handicap there will be light at the end of the tunnel. I should get an update tomorrow.

Our syndicate horse Simpson Millar is back from injury and entered on Friday, 29th.June in the one mile handicaps at Musselburgh and Doncaster. The Musselburgh race is 0 - 65 whereas the Doncaster one is 0 - 70. Purely on the basis on the order of elimination, the Musselburgh one looks more likely as there are only 17 ahead of Simpson in the handicap amongst the entries against 34 at Doncaster. Simpson's handicap mark currently is 52.

I will no doubt receive a message to say he's well handicapped on his homework as is the norm but on his racecourse form he's a 100/1 shot. He has filled out though and I personally see him as a top of the ground horse by his action but hopefully with this being his first handicap there will be light at the end of the tunnel. I should get an update tomorrow.

Simpson Millar will run in the 5.20 at Doncaster on Friday. I mislead you by saying it is a mile race. It is in fact 6 furlongs. Trainer has said it is more in the nature of an easy comeback after all the time he has been off and it is hoped to sharpen him up for when he has got a better chance over a mile. We are hoping he will run reasonably as it is a raceday sponsored by Simpson Millar solicitors who sponsor us as well.

Back