Forum horse connections

Ballyvesey RP tip in the peper this morning. Well he`ll be trying thats for sure and if he can recapture his old sparkle will be vey close. Tom Scudamore rides him well

Great run and unlucky to meet the winner on its day. Felt sure Ballyvasey had it after a patient ride .Even now can't believe Emma's Legend went on again.
Tough Luck Roddy!

Our new horse

Winning Ways Racing acquired this 3 year old son of Kalanisi on Thursday at the Tattersalls Derby sale. He's a half brother to Niche Market and Beckett Rock and cost us €25k. Given the general consensus that it was extremely difficult for buyers in the €20-40k bracket, I'm glad we stepped in early and bought this fella, lot 23. Now being broken in Colm Murphy's yard.

http://www.tattersalls.ie/sales/june2012/00000023.pdf

Attachments

• Kalanisi Derby Sale.jpg
    Kalanisi Derby Sale.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 10
Ballyvesey RP tip in the peper this morning. Well he`ll be trying thats for sure and if he can recapture his old sparkle will be vey close. Tom Scudamore rides him well

Great run Roddy but I'm still convinced Ballyvessey wants 2m6f to 2m7f or an easy 3m just can't help feeling his stamina gives out after 3m. :ninja:

Winning Ways Racing acquired this 3 year old son of Kalanisi on Thursday at the Tattersalls Derby sale. He's a half brother to Niche Market and Beckett Rock and cost us €25k. Given the general consensus that it was extremely difficult for buyers in the €20-40k bracket, I'm glad we stepped in early and bought this fella, lot 23. Now being broken in Colm Murphy's yard.

http://www.tattersalls.ie/sales/june2012/00000023.pdf

Good luck

One day SC he will win a Grand National ,if he gets in of course,what will you say then;)

I will say "Bloody Brilliant!! I'm so happy for you, so glad I was wrong about his stamina," but until that day comes I would like to see him destroy the opposition again over 2m6 1/2f :D

I was almost ashamed to mention before 7.35 this evening that I am a share holder in Apache Gold. What a difference a few minutes makes! Trained by a postman; his apprentice also having his first winner, rated 44, on his penultimate flat race attempt to get onto handicap proper there was not enough to recommend him to anyone. We think he might make a fun hurdler. Shares still available- please make an orderly queue!

I was almost ashamed to mention before 7.35 this evening that I am a share holder in Apache Gold. What a difference a few minutes makes! Trained by a postman; his apprentice also having his first winner, rated 44, on his penultimate flat race attempt to get onto handicap proper there was not enough to recommend him to anyone. We think he might make a fun hurdler. Shares still available- please make an orderly queue!

Well done...didn't go unsupported either..

Tell Donald Barry was asking for him and that I'll give him the 5c if that's the only reason he didn't send on the message - miss the hangovers after Geoffs beer....small world...Is the Boreen Twist still open?

Well done, Eddie, he boxed on well up the straight.

The young lad who rode Apache gave a good interview to Gary O'Brien afterwards. He said he was advised to ring up for the ride last night.

From irishracing.com

Postman Pat strikes with Apache

By Gary Carson Tue 3rd Jul 2012, 19:57

U000013413468052.jpg

Pat Breen & O'Donnell with Apache Gold
(© ©Healy Racing Photos)
Apache Gold gave both trainer Pat Breen and jockey Pat O'Donnell their first taste of success when scoring in the apprentice handicap at Gowran Park.The 12/1 shot made all in the mile contest and stuck on well inside the final furlong to land the spoils.

Happy Anniversary finished best but could only get within a half length of the winner, while 3/1 favourite Irish Reel was held in third.

It was a significant improvement from the winner, who had shown little in three maiden starts and had faded after making the running on his handicap debut at Limerick last month.

There had been some support for him this morning as he traded as big as 18/1.

16-year-old O'Donnell is attached to Tommy Stack's yard and was having his ninth ride on the track after partnering 30 pony winners.
He is the son of Pat O'Donnell, who trained Chance Coffey to win the Coral Cup at Cheltenham in 1995.

Breen trains outside Dungarvan in Co. Waterford and it was only his third runner, having taken out the licence at the end of March:-

"It's great to clock up a winner. We are normally point-to-point people but we have four for the track. He's the only one for the Flat at the moment.
"I'm also a postman in Mallow. It's a bit mad I know. I start very early!
"He was a small bit rusty last time but stuck at it well and the young lad gave him a very good ride.

"He can be a small bit keen so he did a good job on him."
(On course reporting by Alan Magee)

Back