Forum horse connections

My filly Divergence has her 2nd run today at Leicester in the 3.50. After a nice introduction at Newmarket she appears to have improved in her work and is working like an 80+ filly. As usual with these maidens you don't really know what is lurking but hopefully if she runs to around that she should be competitive.

The two year Verglas filly runs in her first Nursery at Down Royal today (Ghost of a Girl). Her comeback run at Roscommon was badly needed and she was too free so going in today off 68 is fair enough. Negatives are the draw and the wide open nature of these races. Positives are she has come on well since Roscommon and will appreciate a bit of cut.I wouldn't discourage anyone from having a small ew bet. Copper Dock will run at the Curragh tomorrow in the premier handicap that preceeds the Leger. Any further drying out of conditions would bring him closer to them. He is just over a hoof problem which has held him up a little but is fresh and well.

I heard good reports about Newberry Hill before he first ran.Everything he has done since then convinces me there is plenty of improvement and maybe Pat Smullen is the man to bring it out of him in that nursery.

Good luck with copper dock :)

Small tenuous link for two runners at the weekend - both gull rock (tomorrow kempton 8.20) and novabridge (ffos las Sunday) are out of my mare and were both bred by songsheet :) Could be a very expensive parsnip weekend for me....

Simpson Millar running in 2:35 Newcastle Saturday - I haven't heard anything and am unlikely to as out most of the day - he did lose a shoe in the stalls in his last race and trainer has moved stables - only hope I suppose.

Good luck Chef

Thats a bugger OTB (this one, not the other one) what a shame. Hopefully they can clear it properly and theres no damage done.

Last edited:
Turns out lung infection is back... She scoped clear 15 days ago. Another €30 scope yesterday would have saved a bag of sand!

The list of things that can go wrong with racehorses is near infinite. Here's hoping today's run won't set her back too much.

So after Aim For The Stars death in March I decided to get back into ownership but with something more local, easier to get down to see him at the yard and gallop and also running more locally too.

I got together with a few pointing friends and we've agreed to lease the ex-Evan Williams and Chris Gordon trained William Butler from our trainer Libby Lawson for the new season. Went down to the yard just after he arrived in June and it's fair to say he's not small. Sadly he wasn't what his previous owner wanted (something he could ride in the Aintree Foxhunters) and though he's not getting any younger we're confident he will run well for us next season.

Looking forward to the new season now and possibly seeing William Butler Hunter Chasing during the new season :)

Martin

Simpson Millar running in 2:35 Newcastle Saturday - I haven't heard anything and am unlikely to as out most of the day - he did lose a shoe in the stalls in his last race and trainer has moved stables - only hope I suppose.

Noel says simpson is running well and has shown he should stay the distance today so a small ew is in order

Nothing to do with me - its all Songsheet !! Im just lucky enough to own the dam now. :wub:

Mind you - the better Gull Rock does, the better it bodes for my Hellvelyn foal when it appears ;)

Good old bird PETROVNA!!

NOVABRIDGE and GULL ROCK were both bred by me and Paul Thorman, although mare was here and I foaled both of them!

Back