Forum horse connections

Thanks - 'Red' as the mare is known now has an outstanding home with Troods but I am looking forward to foaling her again in January to HELLVELYN although the responsibility is immense - bad enough foaling your own mares but someone else's .......

Should be interesting, as will also have a few of my Blues under camera as well - will get dizzy as receiver switches from foaling box to calving pen..... I wonder if Red would like to bunk up with a Blue.....

The Songsheet of Songsheets name (!) is the dam of Ferryview Place, yes. Shes got a Hellvelyn colt this year - very nice and I think hes off to the sales for Julie and Paul if anyone here wants to buy him ;)

I just got lucky falling head over heels in love with Red when she was in foal with Novabridge and was lucky enough to be offered her, to take her home when she had weaned Gull Rock (but thats where my connection ends with Gull Rock and Novabridge - maternal pride only !!)

Simpson Millar is in the 5.10 Ayr.

He has never run on such soft ground but the time he came third at Ayr the ground was testing so we will run if it is on. He is 9 lbs out of the handicap but as we think the course suits and the ground might not help some of the others it is worth a try.

He seems to have run a bit better but still seems to lose his action and make missteps every now and then for no apparent reason.

Again a small each way may be justified in hope that the ground will be what suits.

At least we're getting plenty of runs, he may surprise us one day :D Go Simpson!!!

Thanks all - I know we're only talking the low end of the racing scene but the mare does breed winners and good looking ones at that.

On a different note, another mare with a very similar make up lookswise to the kind of mare I can afford to buy is my OCEANICO DOT COM. She was a speedy 2yo, won a Class 3 in a very fast time but she was a small filly. She struggled in following years although did well enough as 3yo and then hard got virus big time, so I bought her after that. Her first foal was by PROCLAMATION in his first season and the less said the better about his stud record! Didn't breed her again due to economy but now have a CAPTAIN RIO yearling filly who is a size bigger than her dam, tough and very attractive.

I'd like to offer her on a free lease with an option to buy should she prove successful or a combo of lessors receiving a % of sale price should she achieve. She's totally sound, nice temperament but nobody's fool and might make a very decent prospect for some fun. Am waiting for Tracy to come and take some proper photos but they will be totally untouched, as she's not in for prep yet. So if you know of anyone who might be interested, please PM me. I'd really like her to have a decent chance and hse's very typical of the type of horse I like to breed, so hopefully she has a good engine!!

Last edited:
Is this the filly that she had on her last year Songy? (the one that I said I liked more than Daisy) Fingers crossed she gets a decent chance with a good trainer :D

Best of luck with this ladies.. I start again today at Uttox with No Panic. Been a star over the years fourth in the Scottish Grand National,2nd beaten a short head at Galway. Twilight years now probably but will be trying

Best of luck with this ladies.. I start again today at Uttox with No Panic. Been a star over the years fourth in the Scottish Grand National,2nd beaten a short head at Galway. Twilight years now probably but will be trying

Congratulations, Roddy, you must be very pleased. I hope you didn't make your way to Uttoxeter though, seeing as he won at Plumpton. :)

Missed this today - well done old boy - both of you :lol:

Back