Forum horse connections

Jason said if he could start again would have kept him to the inside on the paint and led. Will win more for sure. Hope we hurry up.

I think I'll win the 4.25 at wolves with Marmot Bay, and Celtic Sultan has an ew chance in the 5.25.

why the step up to extended mile with Marmot?..breeding is speed..bro Hestian a 5f winner..Marmot has also raced freely so step up against her there as well.

puzzled me this one

Last edited:
Raise The Beat goes in today's maiden hurdle at Leopardstown. I'll be pleased with a clear round after his fall at Cork.

Looks a nice horse, Grey. Shocking ride though. Same with the winner. A lot for you to look forward to.

Shocking ride though.

This is the problem when you are looking in from the outside. His instructions were to get him round, make sure he doesn't fall again because he is tired (he nearly broke his neck the last time because of a tired fall) and win if you can. You see it purely from a punting perspective.....probably should have ridden him closer. We want a horse for the next day too. When you think a horse is ridden badly, you need to consider what the instructions are first.

I didn't back him. Stop trying to be so haughty.

If what you are saying is true, jockey and connections should be reported as a non trier.

I didn't back him. Stop trying to be so haughty.

If what you are saying is true, jockey and connections should be reported as a non trier.

I didn't say you backed him. i said you see it from a punting perspective. I'd have been delighted if he won but I'm as delighted that he got around in one piece. What's the difference between his run and Boston Bob's first run over fences (a race I didn't see but am told it was "get him round first, worry about winning second").

Last edited:
None (if that is true, I too haven't seen it). And it happens all the time, especially in Irish maiden races. My point is it shouldn't be allowed, if someone wants to do something other than try 100% to win, they should keep to schooling. At least you admitted it.

if someone wants to do something other than try 100% to win, they should keep to schooling.

The objective of every connection when they go out is for their horse to finish in the first instance. Once that objective is being achieved, it is all about winning. Cue Card was brought home in his own time as Tizzard was focused on getting his horse home in one piece rather than chasing the pace which was too fast for his horse if he wanted to get him home.

As for keeping them to schooling grounds, you cannot replicate race conditions at home, or even in schooling hurdles.

Back