Forum horse connections

Well done Roddy. That horse has got heart for days!

From RP text commentary:

Grandads Horse leads
Book'Em Danno battling back
Book'Em Danno making a race of it
Grandads Horse curling up
Book'Em Danno forging clear
Book'Em Danno drawing clear
Book'Em Danno has settled this, a brave, brave horse

Quality!

Well done SteveM
---------------------

Dark Lane runs in 9.15 Ffos Las - trainer expecting a 1 - 2 but not sure which way round. All stables runners have good chances tonight.

Well done, Steve. Is this the first horse you've had in Poland?

Thanks guys it was good to see it myself. We’ve raced a few others there (or rather my racing partner has [who has kept our old racing colours] as he lives there now for most of the time to be with his son). I dissolved my racing interests the year I sold Down To The Woods, but we have bred from our mare Enchanted Ocean of which Harry Spiers is the best (so I’m more like a very very low level John Magnier now than a Michael Tabor). A Group 1 winner, albeit in Poland. He’s a good looking colt, I think.

Apache Gold runs Roscommon 7.30 Monday.
Well drawn in 1 with Beau Satchel to beat amongst others.
Going currently good to yielding so hopefully the rain will stay away.
Expect a bold showing for the first six and a half furlongs with a nail biting final 100 yards!

Dark Lane runs 7.05 at Chepstow tonight. David Evans says he has got a good chance but he does not like tipping these old handicappers as they have their own ideas of the game. He prefers him to his other runner in the race and it looks a pretty weak affair. The ground will be better than last time (our horse got jarred up because of that but is now fine) so cautiously optimistic is the best way of putting it.

The horse is entered Monday at Windsor and will also run there if he comes out of tomorrow's race OK.

Last edited:
Edged Out by Edged Out,very frustrating as seemingly had it won.

Talking of frustrating,was hoping to run Ladweb last Monday but the weather forecast and quick ground meant we didn't declare.

So when it decided to pee it down all Monday afternoon and go good to soft we weren't amused.

Hopefully he'll be out again soon.

We also have an ickle share in recent Donny winner Galactic Heroine who all being well will go to Thirsk on Tuesday.

Back