Forum horse connections

Dark Lane will run in the 5.40 Windsor today. The stable believe he has every chance, although at some point they are expecting a handicapper of his age to have a dip in form.

They think the 6 furlongs will suit better and the rain we have had, will also be to our advantage. We are certainly hoping to make the frame again

Apache Gold runs Killarney Wed.
8.5 furlongs will test his stamina but he has good efforts here.
In the 60/80 race as he is tidy so 8-12 suits him better than 9-12.
Hope he runs his usual game race. Niall McCullagh rides again.

Chuffed to bits with Ladweb today at Sandown who finished second to Chilworth Icon.

In that kind of ground he has shown that he could nick a race of that ilk.

Will be forking out my £6.40 to cross the Severn tomorrow to see Primo Capitano make his UK debut. A series of niggling injuries prevented him from appearing last season -- now it's time for him to repay our patience, and he may just do that tomorrow providing he's not too fresh.

Absolutely delighted with that. Ground was too lively but ran on with great resolution to get 2nd against more experienced horses. Definite winner next time with a bit of cut.

Belated congrats to Cantoris, 2 wins in 2 days with Presenting Beara and Black Zambesi.
Grey may be involved in the latter also but not sure.
Thanks for telling us if you were;)

No, I'm not involved in either horse, Eddie, but it's been a good couple of days for Oran's Winning Ways banner. Let's hope the new mare that you, me and An Capall have shares in will be out soon and doing well too.

I've been a very absent member for the last 12 months. Been busy with work, horses etc. Thanks for the good wishes after the win.

Beara had every chance and the change in tactics has worked well with two wins in a row. He'd be really suited to UK racing as he's just an out and out stayer, the type that could win a Scottish National. I fear he will be handicapped out of it soon enough over 3 miles so we might go travelling with him next year. He's rated 129 now so should get into the likes of the Irish National. He's giving his owners a fair bit of sport from humble beginnings. Three wins in 12 months not a bad return and he's still 109 over hurdles so we might exploit that next Summer.

They say patience is a virtue. Well the syndicate members in Black Zambezi must have a lot of patience. He was ready to go at Punchestown last Spring and we pulled him out. It was 50:50 but we took the cautious approach. It has paid off. Colm has always liked him but never "dipped" him so it was nice to see him produce plenty off the bridle. I didn't bother backing him at 7/4 was very short first time out. If he's up to his brother, Niche Market, we should have fun. A winners bumper is next.

Back