Forum horse connections

I wish I knew, current link is that I'm unable to attend the final point-to-point of the season at Umberleigh on Saturday and also unable to attend our biggest away match of the season at St. Helens on Friday - though that isn't much of a link.

Martin

I'll be at umberleigh Martin - any chance of some tips???

OK, it's not strictly related to this thread, because as far as I know the Duchess of Cornwall is not a member of the forum (unless she is here incognito... clivex, perhaps?), but I thought some of you would like to see this story from the Irish Independent:

The Duchess of Cornwall has bought a horse that won a race during her royal visit to Ireland

Owner Bernard Cloney says Mollyanna was flown to England last week after the deal was agreed.

The incredible transaction was set in motion last month just five minutes after the six-year-old won the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall Mares Maiden Hurdle at the Sligo Races.

The event was part of Prince Charles and Camilla's visit and came just a couple of hours after the prince's emotional visit to Mullaghmore, the village where his great-uncle Lord Mountbatten was killed by the IRA in 1979.

"I was approached by one of Camilla's staff and was asked if Mollyanna was for sale. I said she wasn't for sale and I hadn't planned to sell her but he took my number," said Bernard.

Mollyanna is now among Camilla's horses in the stables of Jamie Snowden in Lambourn. The price paid, however, is being kept a closely guarded secret.

"We were very happy with the outcome," said Bernard. "Let us just say I was glad to take the Queen's shillings on this occasion."

A St James's Palace spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the duchess is now part-owner of Mollyanna."

Katherine Foley, manager of Sligo Races, said the purchase had lifted everyone at the track. "We just found out about it and we're delighted," she said.

I see Oran and Colm Murphy have just bought a Court Cave gelding at the Land Rover.

Any of you boys (Frontrunner, Grey, Edgt), likely to be involved in this one?

The ground was much too soft for Did You Ever today, ripped a shoe off too at some point which didn't help but we'll look for a handicap hurdle closer to home in the coming weeks (unsure where mind).

Martin

Apache back to 6.5 furlongs out of trap 1 in Limerick tomorrow.
Ground may be too quick but no harm in having a go I suppose.
It is his third run at this meeting having tried 7f as a 3yo and 12f the next year.
A touch of Sir Mark but the co incidence ends there alas !

Back