Forum horse connections

Good luck to Art and co with Getaway Gorgeous in the last at Cork...

Thanks.

She ran a decent race even though she pulled very hard. They generally go a quicker pace in maiden and novice hurdles, so we hope she'll settle better once going over an obstacle.

The winner is probably one to keep an eye on, she's only four and didn't look fully wound up in the parade ring.

The raisin waggon rolls into Wales today for the 3.20 at Chepstow. He’s actually not the outsider ( yet) which does beg the question how bad do they think the others are...

Fingers crossed he’s back to his usual self and doesn’t remember last time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I trust that Raisin is back home safe and sound :)

Having had kittens that he’d broken down as he stopped - he was fine when he got home. I’ve not heard from them yet today, but I would have been told straight away if he wasn’t, so I’m anticipating a text later. Daisy did send me photos that are far better than mine this morning :)
He’s off for the dynamic scope we were going to do a month ago now - I can’t believe it won’t show something. If it does though, I don’t know if it’s worth doing anything about it other than for helping his future career eventing or team chasing!!
1768cd3e8c10eafccbc2aee7b5b61b2c.jpg

He travels nicely up to a point so I am sure there is something. Either that or he’s just on the weak side and needs another year. I see it often in the pointing field. Horses that turn up at 5 or 6 having had a row of unplaced efforts under rules. With less competitive opponents, they can flourish. And then their confidence soars.

BBB makes chase debut tomorrow. Not an easy start although only 5 runners. Has Joe on board, the same as first hurdle race, who's hoping he settles quickly. Apparently loving schooling over the fences at home . Safe return above everything else.

Having had kittens that he’d broken down as he stopped - he was fine when he got home. I’ve not heard from them yet today, but I would have been told straight away if he wasn’t, so I’m anticipating a text later. Daisy did send me photos that are far better than mine this morning :)
He’s off for the dynamic scope we were going to do a month ago now - I can’t believe it won’t show something. If it does though, I don’t know if it’s worth doing anything about it other than for helping his future career eventing or team chasing!!
1768cd3e8c10eafccbc2aee7b5b61b2c.jpg

Why do you nickname him raisin, Trudi? Raisin as a name seems a little small and insignificant, whereas Sultana sounds so much more authoritative. Maybe Raisin is suffering from and inferiority complex? ;)

Seriously though why Raisin?

Good luck GG with BBB!

Why do you nickname him raisin, Trudi? Raisin as a name seems a little small and insignificant, whereas Sultana sounds so much more authoritative. Maybe Raisin is suffering from and inferiority complex? ;)

Seriously though why Raisin?

Good luck GG with BBB!

Lol, if he’d been a filly he would have been sultana ( genuinely!) sultana is more feminine IMO and Raisin is more boyish.

Raisin was always his stable name right from the first positive pregnancy scan at 14 days - he was little, wrinkly and coming from a Grape ( my mare is called Frosted Grape) so it was easy!!

Had I have known what his first six months was going to be, I would have called him trevor or something equally normal. Raisin actually really suits him though - when he first went to Brian’s he told me “the girls will give him a name - probably something weird “- but they liked Raisin - it just sort of works. All my animals seem to end up with edible names, I’ve got an olive and a plum as well as grape and raisin !!

Last edited:
Thank you all. Can I just go a bit mad for a minute? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - how GOOD was that? He was only told to get him round. Have left Joe a message to say I want to cook him roast potatoes!
He still needs to settle. Kate who owns a bit of him is utterly convinced he should go over 2 miles. He has the speed and we think it would help him settle.
Have only seen it once but a couple of the jumps were looked spectacular , some might say novicey and I wouldn't necessarily argue with that. Some would say the mistake by the favourite cost him but....but.... but....but for now I DON'T CARE!
As per Janice in Friends O - M - G!!!!!

Totally apologise for being over the top. Please forgive me. :) My BBB!!:<3:

Last edited:
Back