Forum horse connections

Thank you. Haven't had a chance to watch it back yet but suffice to say I could be banned from the Champagne bar at Sandown for ridiculous behaviour! Not sure he looked comfortable, and why enter him with the penalty......will catch up with Joe later and see what he thought. Bless him if nothing else, he's a trier. :)
Hated the ground apparently , would explain lack of sprint at the end. Still a win's a win :)

Last edited:
Thank you. Haven't had a chance to watch it back yet but suffice to say I could be banned from the Champagne bar at Sandown for ridiculous behaviour! Not sure he looked comfortable, and why enter him with the penalty......will catch up with Joe later and see what he thought. Bless him if nothing else, he's a trier. :)
Hated the ground apparently , would explain lack of sprint at the end. Still a win's a win :)
What horse is this?

Another GG, Getaway Gorgeous, makes her hurdling debut at Clonmel tomorrow. Her good bumper form is there for all to see, but she now wears a hood after pulling hard at Cork the last day. Fingers crossed she can get round safely and keep something for the finish.

Best of luck!!

Raisin is entered in the novice chase ([emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785]) and the 2
Mile 7 novices hurdle at lingfield Monday. Will almost certainly be his last run as he has a wonderful home with one of my favourite friends lined up where he will be pampered to within an inch of his life, loved more than even I love him and go eventing.

Unless he turns into altior. Doubtful, but it was very nice seeing the schooling video and pictures !!
75c0581e0236035da3285900c07ba980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raisin must have seen a fair few racecourses in his short career. Lingfield is a bit of a journey from the tall trees - hope he enjoys it and good luck :)

Last edited:

Miss Thicky here again: not that I would have necessarily wanted him to obviously, but the handicapper has not put him up for this win, but why not? Carrying a 6lb penalty and he beat a horse rated 6lbs higher than him in the first place ssoooooo……….?
Thanking you muchly as always :)
I have watched it back.....still didn't think he was going to get there the first time I did. His jumping was nowhere near as good as first two races, really, really hated the ground and was very brave apparently. In spite of that was bouncing and could have gone round again allegedly. On very good form with himself at home, may be running next week, ground permitting.

Miss Thicky here again: not that I would have necessarily wanted him to obviously, but the handicapper has not put him up for this win, but why not? Carrying a 6lb penalty and he beat a horse rated 6lbs higher than him in the first place ssoooooo……….?
Thanking you muchly as always :)
I have watched it back.....still didn't think he was going to get there the first time I did. His jumping was nowhere near as good as first two races, really, really hated the ground and was very brave apparently. In spite of that was bouncing and could have gone round again allegedly. On very good form with himself at home, may be running next week, ground permitting.
The handicapper will normally try to peg his ratings on one horse in a race that he thinks may have run to its rating. The fewer runners that there are the more difficult that is especially in a non-handicap. In this case, with 3 runners, we have:
1st rated 131 carrying 11-6
a neck to
2nd rated 120 carrying 11-0
3l to
3rd rated 137 carrying 11-0

With so little information to go on, he's had a problem deciding which horse has run to form (if any) and elected to leave the first two as was and go -6 on the third.

If either of the second or third run again before yours, go well and are raised a few pounds, you may suffer collateral damage with a raise in your own rating.

A belated well done, anyway.

Last edited:
The handicapper will normally try to peg his ratings on one horse in a race that he thinks may have run to its rating. The fewer runners that there are the more difficult that is especially in a non-handicap. In this case, with 3 runners, we have:
1st rated 131 carrying 11-6
a neck to
2nd rated 120 carrying 11-0
3l to
3rd rated 137 carrying 11-0

With so little information to go on, he's had a problem deciding which horse has run to form (if any) and elected to leave the first two as was and go -6 on the third.

If either of the second or third run again before yours, go well and are raised a few pounds, you may suffer collateral damage with a raise in your own rating.

A belated well done, anyway.

Thank you , and thank you for that explanation.

Well done again today GG, this breeding lark's easy :lol:

Thank you - Oh yes absolutely....my credit card balance would tell you different...still paying off his stay in hospital when he was very lickle!!

Seriously I am beyond anything I expected...I can't honestly believe he keeps doing it...okay not the greatest of races, but typical of the yard ( have some AMBITION!!! ) but maybe they are taking their time, he's a young 7, I keep waiting for him to run a stinker and then say well I knew that was coming..... they were down at the start for an awful long time, he has to be saddled as late as possible, come in the paddock as late as possible, doesn't like hanging around at the start, gets in a tizz...... pulls Joe's arms off - looks like today although I have only seen it once and looked like he was tanking..... sorry going on. As long as he is okay which is main thing...which seems so...and all helps his younger brother idiot I have when I come to do something with him.
Just wish they would run him down south so people could come and see him, they have to rely on me screaming down the phone at them with the result and watch it through my skybet account! :)

[emoji58][emoji58][emoji58][emoji58][emoji58][emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]

Well done GG - again! Didn’t see he was running or id have wished you luck beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, no worries. I'm a wreck. Just want them to come back safe but when he's in the lead at the last.....such a mixture of emotions as you would know!
Doesn't get any easier with each race.

Last edited:
That was a promising run the last day at Leopardstown. I wish you just normal luck today, that should be enough to allow him win. We'll save 'best of' luck for another day.

Back