Forum horse connections

Thanks, GG did us proud today. Her jumping was very good, left most of the field well behind, fought hard and nearly got back up when headed. Plenty to look forward to with her.

Delighted to have had my first graded winner over the weekend with the very promising Shewearsitwell who took the Grade 3 Joe Mac Hurdle in some style at Tipperary.

I’m a full year into membership with the Closutton Racing Club now and after the **** show that was Supreme Racing I must say it’s been a breath of fresh air.

5 winners from 7 runners with Shewearsitwell & Robinnia who also looks like a black type mare.

Exciting times ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1838ad9de9d4085a2058ed9745110799.jpg

Last edited:
Not seen Roddy on here for two years now but I notice Paul Fullagar who co-owned horses with Roddy now listed as the late Paul Fullagar. Roddy now sole owner since October 12th so presumably Beggar's Wishes 4.31 Market Rasen tomorrow is the first runner as sole owner.

Robinnia lines up against the boys tomorrow in the 2nd @ Tipperary. A lovely mare who has improved from her bumper win in August.

This is a deep little race and dropping her back to 2m is risky given her pedigree but I hope she’ll be bang there turning in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derby is aiming to get his career re-started tomorrow in the beginners chase at Wexford

He’s an ex-Supreme horse now owned by a small friendly Syndicate and it’s been nearly 2½ years since he raced. It was never anything really serious, was ready to go a couple of times & was entered up just before racing was pulled in the Spring

He spent the summer at one of the co-owners farm and we then moved him to Henry as never felt he was getting the attention at Mullin’s. He seems to be going OK there, looks great and Henry’s happy how it’s gone so far

He’ll go on soft ground, his bumper and PTP form is looking Ok and has always been thought of as chaser so makes sense to go straight over fences at his age. Not sure if it’s good or bad but Patrick Mullins described him as having a dinosaurs head... I’ve always maintained that is good for staying chasers!

No idea what to expect tomorrow, but great to have him racing and would love to see him show some spark and especially jump well. Gutted not to be there though...

Yes thankfully both Derby and Dylan are fine. The jockey was happy with the way he was travelling and jumping, before the loose horse put him off and he “lobbed” over the fence. Assuming he's OK in the morning the plan is to stay chasing. Plenty of cash for him today so someone was expecting a big run! Hopefully a good sign....

Good to hear, Perp.

While I'm on, I'll update my own current interests.

4 ex-Supreme horses:
Kemboy - did well over the summer and, if he comes to hand, should be out somewhere next month.
Cadmium - same as Kemboy really.
Robin De Carlow - had quite a serious setback earlier in the year. Seems to be recovered and will be on a walking regime for a month before resuming training.
Captain Kangaroo - ready to roll next month. May go for a winners bumper but more likely a maiden hurdle.

2 recent additions, both with Donald McCain:
Esme Shelby - second in a point early in the year. Should be ready next month.
Luck Of Clover - placed several times on the flat. Has an entry at Uttoxeter on Friday.

Getaway Gorgeous goes again tomorrow in the handicap hurdle at Down Royal. Needless to say, it's another competitive-looking race but we're hoping she can produce another good run.

Getaway Gorgeous goes again tomorrow in the handicap hurdle at Down Royal. Needless to say, it's another competitive-looking race but we're hoping she can produce another good run.

Best of luck Art

Fingers crossed it goes ahead, brother law in Lisburn telling me its extremely windy and situation being monitored.

Back