Forum horse connections

That was a promising run the last day at Leopardstown. I wish you just normal luck today, that should be enough to allow him win. We'll save 'best of' luck for another day.

Thanks everybody. Unfortunately, his blood isn't quite right so we've taken him out. He will have a few days off and then decide if we keep going thsi year or put him in a field and get him ready for next season.

Sorry not sure where to post this but anyone near Haydock and think it will be called off on Saturday? Very selfish on BBB's half but would like it not to go ahead. Forgiveness begged. :)

Sorry not sure where to post this but anyone near Haydock and think it will be called off on Saturday? Very selfish on BBB's half but would like it not to go ahead. Forgiveness begged. :)

It’s already heavy there I think - can’t imagine it would take a whole lot more to be called off? Will keep everything crossed for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll have to carry two pounds over his handicap mark as he's the top rated one left in and he hates that ground :(

Although declared, he's not running. Phew, phew Barney McGrew! :)

Last edited:
The first race meeting I can recall being brought to was the Galway Plate in 1964. We were all advised by a family friend to back Ross Sea, trained by Phonsie O'Brien and ridden by Stan Mellor, over from England for the race. If we had heard about the goings on in Oughterard the night before, we might have looked elsewhere for the winner. Phonsie and Mellor were staying in Egan's Hotel, where a large party was gathered, including Phonsie's brother Vincent. When Mellor said something about going to bed and being fresh for the big race he was told that he was in Ireland now and would have to stand his ground. The party lasted into the small hours, naturally, but all went well and Ross Sea won at odds of 8/1.

All that is by way of saying it feels special to be involved with two horses running tomorrow on Plate Day. Getaway Gorgeous goes in the first race and Jazzaway (edgt and Baldeagles are also involved) in the second. Both are in competitive-looking races but fingers crossed for them. And the other horse I have a share in, Definite Katie (an capall too), makes her debut in Thursday's bumper.

How nice it would have been to be able to attend, but there'll still be plenty of excitement.

Exciting times Art. Here's wishing you and the boys all the luck in the world over the next couple of days. I'll be watching with interest and cheering them on.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, that was quite a blast last night. Both ran very well and did us proud. Fingers crossed that Definite Katie can do something similar tonight, but it's a hot enough bumper and Patrick has chosen to ride her stablemate.

Thanks, that was very pleasing. And possibly her best run so far, even if her main rival underperformed.

Following her Punchestown win, Getaway Gorgeous is in tomorrow's highly competitive feature race at Listowel. It's her first run out of maiden and novice company, and it feels great for her to be involved in such a race. She has a handy weight (even with Paul Townend's likely 2lbs over) in what are expected to be testing conditions. She probably won't relish the ground, but neither might most of her opponents. There are plenty other unknowns, but we're hoping she can overcome her inexperience and run her race.

Back