Forum horse connections

Yes, such a shame archie, terrible news and heart-breaking for those close to him

I didn’t think we saw the best of him after the stop/start Supreme debacle of last year and was really hopeful of a successful season ahead. The Topham win will live long in the memory

Yes, such a shame archie, terrible news and heart-breaking for those close to him

I didn’t think we saw the best of him after the stop/start Supreme debacle of last year and was really hopeful of a successful season ahead. The Topham win will live long in the memory
That round of jumping is the best epitaph he could have.

Shewearsitwell given an entry for the Grade Royal Bond Novice Hurdle on November 29th @ Fairyhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shewearsitwell given an entry for the Grade Royal Bond Novice Hurdle on November 29th @ Fairyhouse.

A little old fashioned but that's alright.

Last edited:
Thanks Paddy and it should be a breeze up against Asterion Forlonge, Conflated & Punitive who Rachel’s picked over our lad :lol:

A good result is he jumps around, enjoys himself and shows no signs of the fall affecting him. A great result is he’s somewhere close to the money. Should add, that he'll love the ground

Last edited:
Derby got round safely which was the main hope and the jockey said he was knackered, so hopefully the run will bring him on massively. Henry didn’t think he jumped as well as he normally does at home so X-rayed him as a precaution. That revealed a couple of ‘kissing spine lesions’ (anyone heard of a kissing spine pre The New One?). Supposedly straight forward and treated with a Cortisone injection, but does mean he can’t race for 5 weeks until it’s out of his system…Still got a bit of hope!

In other news, Kemboy is declared for the listed chase at Thurles tomorrow. You don’t hear much from the stable, but I’m surprised he’s favourite on the ground against a probably match-fit Presenting Percy. Nice to have him back though

Last edited:
Great news with Kemboy!!

Good luck with the KS as well, sometimes they can just be helped with injections, sometimes it takes an operation and long rehab. Most horses have it though - not just the ones that show signs of it, so hopefully you’ll be able to manage it with injections certainly in the first instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck archie with Captain Kangaroo in the first at Naas. Gabynako's going to be tough to beat, but there seems to be a bit of confidence behind your boy

Was Treve’s kissing spine before TNO’s? I saw an interview on Facebook recently in which someone said Carvills Hill probably suffered from kissing spine but it hadn’t been invented/discovered back then.

I'd meant to update more regularly but, sadly, my brother passed away earlier this month so I've been engaged in next of kin and executor duties.

In that time, it's been quite busy on the racing front.
Kemboy ran ok at Thurles. Ran out of steam between the last 2 fences and still finished ahead of Monalee.
Captain Kangaroo was, on the face of it, slightly disappointing but he's very laid back and it's hard to tell his fitness on the gallops. Paul said he blew up a good 6 furlongs out. They still think he's decent so fingers crossed for improvement the next time.
Luck of Clover has run twice. 4th in a decent race at Newbury when she ran green and finished 3rd today in the first at Mussleburgh. A neck and a nose behind the winner, she was promoted a place after receiving a hefty whack from the second on the run in. Whether that cost her the neck to the winner is debatable but it was still a decent effort.
Esme Shelby made her debut on the 13th, finishing 3rd (12l clear of the 4th) at Newcastle. She had a good blow during and after the race so improvement hoped for.

Back