Forum horse connections

Monitor Closely makes his return tomorrow up at York hopefully gives a good account of himself. He has certainly had problems with his knee and when i saw him three weeks ago he looked like he had eaten some other horses but he has done plenty of work and M.Bell says he is looking great. The trip is a question mark as his best form is certainly over further but we will wait and see. Good luck to flame as well with his runners tomorrow.

Hopeful for good runs from all three.

Tt'S Dream is in good form but hasn't done a lot since his last run so he may just need it. Sophie has galloped him before so she know's him, but I would expect him to be in the first 4.

Know No Fear will only run if we are happy with the ground as he is a big horse who needs holding together and we wouldn't want very quick ground. he has been working well and I have used Rosie before and think she rides well so hopefully she can get a good run out of him if he runs.

Holly Hall who has won on Stargazy is back on board and he is in good nick at home and looks great. He can work lazily at home but the strong pace on ground he loves over a decent trip for him should really suit, and I quietly fancy him tonight. He is in good order and working as well as he does and he is moving good. He loves this sort of ground and the trip is ideal, I just hope they go a strong gallop. At 20s you could say I've had an investment and I feel he is the best chance of the three.

If Know No Fear doesn't run tonight he will go to Wolves on Monday, where Stargazy runs with Holly on again, in a race i firmly expect him to win. Avon Rock debut's for me in the 6f claimer and is a well handicapped horse. Greg Fairley rides and we are hopeful of a encouraging run, where I feel he will be good enough to win in handicap company shortly.

Monitor Closely makes his return tomorrow up at York hopefully gives a good account of himself. He has certainly had problems with his knee and when i saw him three weeks ago he looked like he had eaten some other horses but he has done plenty of work and M.Bell says he is looking great. The trip is a question mark as his best form is certainly over further but we will wait and see. Good luck to flame as well with his runners tomorrow.

Monitor closely travelled beautifully through the race and I hope it was just a lack of fitness when he blew up and not a return of any problems. Lovely looking horse Kauto.

Hopeful for good runs from all three.

Tt'S Dream is in good form but hasn't done a lot since his last run so he may just need it. Sophie has galloped him before so she know's him, but I would expect him to be in the first 4.

Know No Fear will only run if we are happy with the ground as he is a big horse who needs holding together and we wouldn't want very quick ground. he has been working well and I have used Rosie before and think she rides well so hopefully she can get a good run out of him if he runs.

Holly Hall who has won on Stargazy is back on board and he is in good nick at home and looks great. He can work lazily at home but the strong pace on ground he loves over a decent trip for him should really suit, and I quietly fancy him tonight. He is in good order and working as well as he does and he is moving good. He loves this sort of ground and the trip is ideal, I just hope they go a strong gallop. At 20s you could say I've had an investment and I feel he is the best chance of the three.

If Know No Fear doesn't run tonight he will go to Wolves on Monday, where Stargazy runs with Holly on again, in a race i firmly expect him to win. Avon Rock debut's for me in the 6f claimer and is a well handicapped horse. Greg Fairley rides and we are hopeful of a encouraging run, where I feel he will be good enough to win in handicap company shortly.

Hope they all came back well Flame - I was hoping to watch these but my Mrs dragged me out to see comedian Jenny Eclair - I was third choice after her best friend and mother couldn't make it. Nearly fell of my chair laughing when her opening line was "Thanks to the men for coming, I know you were dragged here by your wives screaming dont force me to come and watch that old cow."

Hope they all came back well Flame - I was hoping to watch these but my Mrs dragged me out to see comedian Jenny Eclair - I was third choice after her best friend and mother couldn't make it. Nearly fell of my chair laughing when her opening line was "Thanks to the men for coming, I know you were dragged here by your wives screaming dont force me to come and watch that old cow."

TT'S Dream ran well, he got done for pace and plugged on the one pace. he was only beaten 5L and he didn't have a hard ride, but we will have to see what the handicapper does now, I would have thought he would be somewhere in the mid 50's.

Stargazy was bitterly disappointing, he done nothing and ran no race, a reel puzzler.

It was a pleasing comeback from Know No Fear who just got tired late on having run well for a long way.

Monitor closely travelled beautifully through the race and I hope it was just a lack of fitness when he blew up and not a return of any problems. Lovely looking horse Kauto.

MC is fine this morning and has been out cantering. He definitely blew up about 2f out through fitness but up to that point think he travelled like a good horse. Hopefully the run will have done him the world of good and next time he should be more competitive as he still looked the size of a house.

Really good to hear he has come out of the race well, Kauto. I thought he ran a blinder and you must have been very pleased. I look forward to his next outing - any idea of where he goes next?

Last edited:
Something like the Rose of Lancaster would probably suit I'm guessing. Unfortunately doesnt seem to be a great deal of 1m4f races at this time of year apart from the obvious one run saturday.

FAREER is now off for a longish holiday, as he's being gelded.... Was getting far too colty and they are thinking of shipping him to Dubai for the Carnival. His half brother is so far doing everything OK at Ed's (I own 25%) and there's currently some discussion about what he's going to be called. The 50% owner wants to cal him PIRANHA - not quite sure about that!

Any clever suggestions for GREEN DIAMOND ex SONGSHEET ?

Probably a good thing for Fareer, can continue his career without worrying about the women. :p Hope he recovers easily and is back soon.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the name for his half brother either. Must be something a little kinder and more in keeping with sire and dam. But I cannot think of one!

FAREER is now off for a longish holiday, as he's being gelded.... Was getting far too colty and they are thinking of shipping him to Dubai for the Carnival. His half brother is so far doing everything OK at Ed's (I own 25%) and there's currently some discussion about what he's going to be called. The 50% owner wants to cal him PIRANHA - not quite sure about that!

Any clever suggestions for GREEN DIAMOND ex SONGSHEET ?

How about Greensleeves

Green (Green Diamond)
It's a song (Songsheet)
Falsely recognised by some as written by Henry VIII (Dominion - British monarch as head of state)

our second homebred, Boadicea aka Bertha, by Nayef, will make her lifetime debut in the BBAG Auction Race in Avenches, Switzerland, friday night. she is the only debutant in the race and could be aimed at a simular event -but restricted to 2-year-fillies- at baden baden. exciting stuff even if she is leased out!

I hadn't heard of Avenches before, Crazy. Is she being trained near there or in Germany?

Camira runs at Galway tomorrow in the fillies handicap. She didn't make the cut for the big mile race on Tuesday but this event hardly looks any easier. The Richard Fahey horse, Jeannie Galloway, and the Weld horse, Hallie's Comet, are just two of the obvious dangers. I'm not sure the track will suit, it seems to favour front runners more than closers, but she continues to be in good heart.

good luck grey!!! will have an eye on her tonite. will you be there?

well, I wouldnt have heard of it either, but it is in switzerland, and thats where she is trained as well.

Back