Forum horse connections

Camira runs tonight at Leopardstown.in an 8f fillies handicap. I think her run at Galway can be ignored because she had traffic problems, and she continues in good heart. These races are becoming tougher as the season wears on, however, because the younger brigade are becoming more of a threat. There are one or two of them in the race who look well treated.

Leopardstown suits her style of running, though, and the ground should be fine, so here's hoping for a good showing.

Good luck Grey she deserves another one.

Bolgers could be anything out for some experience before going for black type over a bit further.

Good luck Camira and Ballyvesey

I just got a text for Apache Kid in 4:50 Yarmouth - not a banker but message said - step up in trip should suit - has raced against some decent types - a bit unlucky with string of seconds and trainer is hopeful this is his chance.

Small e/way for me - good luck if you play.

Last edited:
Happy retirement, STARGAZY. Great to see Flame at Brighton, gallantly bearing the stitches from a recent football match!

Good run from Ballyvesey ,beaten a head,carrying 7lb more,but only a 5yo. Definitely progressing and excited about the future.

Good run from Ballyvesey ,beaten a head,carrying 7lb more,but only a 5yo. Definitely progressing and excited about the future.

I didn't see the race only the result - but that was a very good effort and as you say a progressive run to boot - delighted for both of you and long may it continue.

Don't know what Kauto will have to say about STRONG VIGILANCE at Yarmouth this afternoon - bowled along in front very biddably with visors on, faded away badly after the usual challenges up the straight. The cut of grass looked well up to Richard Aldous's lush cover that he grew for Brighton (he's now Clerk at Great Yarmouth), so I'm not sure there'd be too much impact, but he looks quite a heavy horse. His (equine) companions in ownership got a good plug, though!

Heard a good word for Fame Is The Spur 4:00 Epsom - apparently connections are very confident - it will be interesting to see what the markets say - good luck if you play.

He's a bloody nightmare that horse tearing my hair out with him thought he may win yesterday and backed him accordingly. Back to the drawing board, freshen him up and try and come up with a new plan need Hannibal from the a-team for this one.

From the SPs, you weren't the only one expecting a good return, Kauto, and he looked extremely fit and well (plus impeccably turned out - surprised if he hadn't won the BTO), so I can understand the frustration with that run. Best of luck with him, anyway.

Heard a good word for Fame Is The Spur 4:00 Epsom - apparently connections are very confident - it will be interesting to see what the markets say - good luck if you play.

That was terrible - info from that source normally very good but markets not so confident - sorry if anyone got burnt there.

Ballyvesey runs again Sunday at Southwell. Top weight but will be trying as usual.On the upgrade. I will be in Cyprus sunning.

Good luck with the flight back! You might like to take BALLYVESEY with you, in case it's overland to get home. Best of luck to him - I'm at Hove Dogs again on Sunday so mightn't see his run, but I do hope he goes safely and successfully for you.

TT'S Dream runs in the 5.30 at yarmouth tomorrow and I'm very hopeful. Forget his last excuse of a run, it was a poor ride in a race he never got into. he works all over a solid 70 horse at home and I think his rider is very much a jockey to note and is the real deal and could go places with more support, i think he'll be in the mix tomorrow.

Wish you all the best, Chris. I'll be crossing everything 40 minutes later at Windsor for ONE COOL CHICK's debut for John Bridger and the very nice Finch family who own her. Good size field, G to S ground and a very fair track for a first outing. Just hope she pops the lids okay and enjoys herself.

Can't see ONE COOL CHICK troubling the judge, to be honest - ICEMAN hasn't exactly covered himself in glory as a sire and BARRANTES was never going to get 2yos. The filly had a good attitude, though, so hopefully if she's given time - which I understand her owners are very willing to do - and she doesn't get bashed up like her half sister was, she might make up into a 3yo.

Been a mixed bag as you would expect from our 2008 crop. Two winners (NOVABRIDGE and I am including TRY THE CHANCE as I foaled and raised him!), one no-hoper in NO EXPLANATION (should have been NO EXPECTATION!), I have no idea where RUNS IN THE FAMILY's AVONBRIDGE 2yo colt is, SONGSHEET's 2yo may be out soon - I think he is going to be called TOR SHEZADA and, of course, the last of the six and the only filly that year is ONE COOL CHICK.

10/15, but everyone was very pleased with her. She was calm as a millpond in the pre-parade but looked much perkier in the parade ring. She's not as small as I'd imagined, and is really a brown bay, not a bright one. She's still growing and while she's far from weedy, she'll look better when she's got some more meat on her. Declan survived being legged-up and straight over the side by John Bridger (!) and then once he'd actually been legged-up onto her properly, she went sweetly to post.

John's instructions to Declan were to note that she'd be a bit slow to start, but to get her into the mix with plenty around her, and just let things unfold. Declan figures she'll do 7f easily as she did, in fact, have a wee burst towards the end. If she can eventually translate that into her Mum's good finishing turn of foot, she should do okay.

So, a good safe debut, good behaviour, a willing attitude but more physical development expected and desired.

Last edited:
Sheikh is connected with Coolagad Wonder, which runs in a few minutes at Killarney. Good luck to him.

Interesting jockey booking.

Last edited:
Young Joseph must have been watching replays and decided to ride him the way he was ridden when he won rather than ride him as he was instructed. Obviously the horse is not the most talented individual and thinks a bit too much but that was a disappointing effort.

Not to worry, there's always another day :whistle:

Back