Forum horse connections

If you've turned a decent profit i'd say you've made the right decision and you'll have other cracks of the whip - Plus he gave you a runner in the Derby which is worth its weight in gold!

Very very tough and reluctant to but was given what I hope is sound advice on the matter and decided to sell. Very sad to see him go but I guess if you wanna be in the game for as long as possible you need to make sound decisions based on business as opposed to sentimentality. That was lot easier to write than actually do let me tell ya!

Must have been a difficult decision but surely the right one Kauto. If we were oil rich sheikhs or internet barons ( maybe you are ?) it would be different,All we are trying to do is stay in the sport we love ,without running out of ammo.

It's like the guys I know here in Brighton, flogging off XTENSION to Japan - the dosh will help to pay for future involvements in new horses, which helps everyone along. They aren't in the super-rich class and were astounded by the horse's exploits, but a tempting offer is too good to pass up, as you say, RO.

Last edited:
And, without meaning to sound hard, we all know you can have a lovely live prospect one day and the next, anything can happen from temporary lameness to dead horse. Especially in the case of colts/geldings, if you don't have the facilities to breed/retire them etc or they aren't outstandingly obvious stallion prospects, then it's good sense to cash them in at the top or near the top of their game.

Thanks all for the kind and wise words. Monitor Closely runs tomorrow at Deauville in the grand prix hoping for a big run from him, he is stripping a lot fitter than his last run and just keeping my fingers crossed the ground continues to dry over there for him. I'm also hoping to get a good price on the pmu.

I was sent this from one of the syndicate that owns Captain Dunne who runs in the Beverley Bullet today. I would just like to wish horse and connections the best of luck.

Right have taken CD at 11/2 had a small saver on Look Busy at 25/1. Just feel maybe today’s the day providing the Malton Maestro does not go like a charging bull from the gate and burn him out setting race up for a hold up horse. Ground is ideal - draw could be better but is manageable and certainly although you could make a case for about 6 others on the ratings, not many of them have shown consistent form throughout the year. Here's hoping!!

Had a word for 1.55 Question Times - it was taken at 14's on bf last night now 5/2

Thanks SC, he certainly ran a great race full of courage. AP thought he had him,but he fought him off. Never saw it live as forced to be at a wedding. But made great watching today. Jumping was special. Hope we can win Tues as well in the novice at NA with Ballyvesey, Whereveryougoigo goes in the bumper at Hereford:rolleyes:

Well done, Roddy - I see he duly obliged!

Just heard the DIAMOND GREEN - SONGSHEET colt is now a name and a shower of rain away from a run and they are hopeful he will run OK. Not going to be called TOR SHEZADA as it was turned down by Weatherbys on security grounds....:lol:. So it's back to the drawing board for Mr Stone!

I'm now (unofficial) racing manager to my boss at work and we bought lot 268 at the Doncaster Yearling Sales today! A very nice Amadeus Wolf colt, related to Damika.

He'll be going to Tom Dascombe next year and he looks like a proper two-year old. Should provide us with a lot of fun and will be a nice experience for entertaining clients when he runs (the main purpose of the venture).

Good start.... One week in and he's chipped a bone in his foot and will require an operation! Will have to rest for six months afterwards too.

At least he's alright though and hopefully will pull through.

Poor fella doesn't even have a name yet!

Have a share in a horse by Acclaimation, its a 2yo and in trainin in Ireland. Has always been liked by his trainer and this week really began to show some spark in his work, will be making his debut in the next few weeks we hope. Sure to make a nice 3yo over 7f or a mile...( I hope)

Good luck with the babby, Del Boy - please be sure to tell us when his debut is scheduled. And best of everything to your two, RO.

Camira runs tomorrow in the last at Leopardstown, a 9f handicap.

She's had two runs in succession in which she got messed around a bit. Before that she was touched off on the line in a race over this same course and distance. The Racing Post analysis said afterwards that Castle Bar Sling outstayed her, but I'm not sure about that. She needs a bit of time in the early part of her races to get organised, so to my mind this slightly longer trip is no harm.

You don't need me to tell you her opposition looks tough, and some of them are perhaps better handicapped than she is, but she continues to be in good heart.

Know No Fear won't now be heading to Laytown. He wouldn't have got on in on the ballot but it seems the Irish don't want English horses to run in their races, but not allowing overseas runners to run in handicaps 47-65 and under, unless they have one run in non handicap company in Ireland first.

Disgraceful, I say we do the same back to them and stop all their winter plots of Martin, Donohoe, Elliott, McGuiness and Smyth who have done nothing but exploit our races in recent season's at lower grades.

Back