Forum horse connections

A pleasing run last night from Avon Rock who having fluffed his lines on his first start over 5f for us, ran pleasing over 6f at Leicester last time. Last night he travelled well on the pace before getting outpaced when short of room 2f out. He kept on willingly late on to be 8th of 13, but had he not been short of room when the race quickened he could have been 7th.

Rated 49 he has not faired badly in a race he was technically 6lb wrong with every horse in and he is crying out for 8 - 10f. Kat gave him a brilliant ride and it was good to get good feedback which has been missing from my horses for ages.

Hopefully we can find a nice 0-50 or 0-55 over 8 - 10f now for him and in the handicap proper we would like to think that now fit he can get rocking and rolling.

I would be keen to get Tom Queally, Greg Fairley or Kieren Fallon on him next time so he can have the kitchen sink treatment over the right trip in the right grade and hopefully get off the mark, but was really pleased with him last night and he finally showed something which was crucial.

Freddie (Know No Fear) got upset in the stalls on Monday at Windsor and being reloaded and so on really didn't help him. He heads to the homeland of Bath on Friday night for what appears to be a weak contest to me with loads of anticipated pace and the stiff finish in testing ground will really suit Freddie who is in great form at home. Katia Scallan keeps the ride and I'm hopeful that the drop in class, back to a race around a bend and a strong pace that Freddie can resume winning ways before heading to Laytown on the 7th September for a 0-65 flag start race on the beach, which is a race I've aimed him at all year. Hoping everything goes to plan to Friday and Freddie can give Katia a winner in my colours. He will certainly be carrying my money on Friday and providing we get a decent draw, I will be bullish of a big run.

Vanadium has become pet like over the past few months and whilst he is rated 45, he is seriously well handicapped. The key will be getting him into a 0-50 at the end of the year around December / January time. Vanadium despite his advancing years has tons of ability but is hard to keep sound and is a quirky customer on track. It will be his last chance this winter or its off to the fields to join Star in retirement land. I am very hopeful we have not seen the best of Vanadium and I'm eager to get him going again, he is a 60 + horse on recent form when he was right and he would be a stone cold certainty in a 0-50 if we get him back right.

Whatyouwoodwishfor who came to me from Richard Fahey's in the summer is still on his holiday's but is doing well and I hope he'll be a fun winter horse, whilst we've turned TT'S Dream out thinking he needs a bit of time to strengthen up and be saved for the right races. Rated 58 we could probably do with 3 or 4lb assistance from the handicapper.

My Haafhd gelding out of a mare Inaaq who was trained by Marcus Tregoning is just getting going again having been a bit shinny and he is a horse I like. I'm torn between the names, Evergreen Forest, Fozzie Bear & Hey Up Charlie for him but he is a complete dude who was working well before a setback. All being well we'll find a 8 - 10f 2yo maiden for him in October but he is very much a staying prospect for next season.

Good luck Flame and Mr Owen -- I see you've had a few winners lately Flame and I hope your plans come to fruition.

Mr Owen hope Quattrocento cures your seconditis :D

Bollicky runs again tonight at Bellewstown, he could win if he wanted to, who knows !! Needs to be ridden around the outside of them.

I'm now (unofficial) racing manager to my boss at work and we bought lot 268 at the Doncaster Yearling Sales today! A very nice Amadeus Wolf colt, related to Damika.

He'll be going to Tom Dascombe next year and he looks like a proper two-year old. Should provide us with a lot of fun and will be a nice experience for entertaining clients when he runs (the main purpose of the venture).

I have dabbled before on my own in syndicates but not to such prices and I would hope this fella would be better than the last one I was involved with!

Good luck, Gamla, I hope you have a lot of fun.

Sheikh's Coolagad wasn't beaten far tonight, but I think the jockey finished more tired than the horse.

You can have a lot of fun with sires' names, as people have had with ORPEN and TOBOUGG, Flame, and while HAAFHD-HEARTED mightn't be too complimentary, you could have still come up with some stunning puns - HAAFHD A MIND TO, GLASS HAAFHD FULL, HA-HA-HAAFHD... anyway, best of luck there!

And while 'Bollicky' is not yet registered with Weatherbums, it ought to be!

Off to Ferdy Murphy's on 4th September to see how Only The Best has summered. He looks an absolute picture, but is still carrying plenty of condition, after some steady gallops. Fingers crossed he ships sufficient lard in the interim, to see him school when we are down.

A novice chase career beckons, and I'm practically pappering myself with excitement.

A pleasing run last night from Avon Rock who having fluffed his lines on his first start over 5f for us, ran pleasing over 6f at Leicester last time. Last night he travelled well on the pace before getting outpaced when short of room 2f out. He kept on willingly late on to be 8th of 13, but had he not been short of room when the race quickened he could have been 7th.

Rated 49 he has not faired badly in a race he was technically 6lb wrong with every horse in and he is crying out for 8 - 10f. Kat gave him a brilliant ride and it was good to get good feedback which has been missing from my horses for ages.

Hopefully we can find a nice 0-50 or 0-55 over 8 - 10f now for him and in the handicap proper we would like to think that now fit he can get rocking and rolling.

He's declared at Bath on Friday Chris - are you thinking of taking him out?

Good luck, Gamla, I hope you have a lot of fun.

Sheikh's Coolagad wasn't beaten far tonight, but I think the jockey finished more tired than the horse.

Heehee :lol:

He would have been third but the winner checked his run (fairly)
He needs to be on the outside and the faster the ground the better. He also needs jupiter to be in venus, the grass to be slanting north and a spring tide. Besides that, Bollicky is very straight forward. :blink:

Off to Ferdy Murphy's on 4th September to see how Only The Best has summered. He looks an absolute picture, but is still carrying plenty of condition, after some steady gallops. Fingers crossed he ships sufficient lard in the interim, to see him school when we are down.

A novice chase career beckons, and I'm practically pappering myself with excitement.

Good luck Grassy,Ballvesey will be novice chasing next week,hope we meet up again soon before the Plough in March

He's declared at Bath on Friday Chris - are you thinking of taking him out?

He was number 6 on the ballot of 21, with 37 entries. I declared him before riding out and didn't for one minute think we would get a run and was looking for our money back ,lol

It backfired. I doubt he'll run as the ground will be a shade too testing for him, but much will depend on the entries for Wolves on the 2nd September as if we can't get a run in that (will get an ideal after entries are published at 1pm tomorrow) we may take our place tomorrow.

Know No Fear will run however tomorrow and he'll love the ground, I'll be disappointed if he isn't in the mix.

I see Kauto has sold Coordinated Cut. Tough decision I would imagine but probably the right one.

Obviously the money was right, so probably a no-brainer, bearing in mind prize money and future for the horse. Hope it was oodles and oodles, Kauto!Q

Can I interest you in a CMPTON PLACE ex SONGSHEET yearling colt, Sir ?? :whistle::whistle:

I see Kauto has sold Coordinated Cut. Tough decision I would imagine but probably the right one.

Very very tough and reluctant to but was given what I hope is sound advice on the matter and decided to sell. Very sad to see him go but I guess if you wanna be in the game for as long as possible you need to make sound decisions based on business as opposed to sentimentality. That was lot easier to write than actually do let me tell ya!

Back