Forum horse connections

Thanks guys. Just back from the races. They ran out of champagne!! Some win. The scary piece is that he will come on again for that. We were worried he was a bit short of fitness. He went for a gallop earlier in the week and Colm said he wouldn't dare do that last year. So he is taking his training well. Delighted for the syndicate as they have been very patient with him but paying dividends now. When we saw ordinary bumper winners getting £100k during the summer, we considered selling him but the syndicate want to keep him. tHey're having too much fun. Now if it started with a 2 and had a high number beside it, they might think again!!

Colm was in Cork as his father normally goes to the closer of the two meetings they have a runner. On the phone and even he is shocked at how good he is. I think the novice hurdle career is now on hold. We will see how he is over the next week or two and if he's ok, there's a little bumper at the Paddy Power and another at Crimbo at Leopardstown which we might have a look at. Who knows where he might be come March!

Well he had to travel over to me ,what would you think was reasonable?

The promise of the ride in the Kim Muir :lol:

As the lads don't get paid, you make up your own mind but what's good for a professional is good for an amateur in my eyes, if ya catch my drift. If the horse is sold or you land a decent touch you might consider the risk factor taken by the jock to be a little higher and you might support his medical insurance too!!

Off to Sri Lanka Friday guys on a cricket tour with my boys. Will try to keep up with racing.Return 2/11
Tomorrow I have Santamina and Whereveryougoigo at Worcester,Friday No Panic at Fakenham,Sunday Ballyvesey @ Wincanton and Royal Scoundrel at Aintree. All are fit and well.

Last edited:
The 2yoi have a share in debuts tomorrow.own a quarter so hopefully it shows some promise for next year. Runs on navan, i won't name it for fear of being embarrassed!!

Greetings from lovely Lisbon where I'm working this week. I tried twice last night to post to this thread only for the link to go down when I pressed the Post Reply button.

Thanks for the good wishes concerning Raise The Beat. What a thrill he gave us on Sunday and he seems to have come out of the race in good order. It looked a good race beforehand and he won it well, but I'm a bit staggered by an RPR of 130. That's a very high mark for a bumper horse at this stage of the season. Please God he goes on to justify and build on it.

Mikey Fogarty impressed me before the race. He spoke well, included everyone, didn't patronise and showed that he had given the race plenty of thought.

By the way the second, Dynamic Approach, is a very handsome horse but is only a 4 year old and might be one to follow.

P.S. Good luck tomorrow, Del Boy. Don't get too rattled or too lit up.

Last edited:
Greetings from lovely Lisbon where I'm working this week. I tried twice last night to post to this thread only for the link to go down when I pressed the Post Reply button.

Thanks for the good wishes concerning Raise The Beat. What a thrill he gave us on Sunday and he seems to have come out of the race in good order. It looked a good race beforehand and he won it well, but I'm a bit staggered by an RPR of 130. That's a very high mark for a bumper horse at this stage of the season. Please God he goes on to justify and build on it.

Mikey Fogarty impressed me before the race. He spoke well, included everyone, didn't patronise and showed that he had given the race plenty of thought.

By the way the second, Dynamic Approach, is a very handsome horse but is only a 4 year old and might be one to follow.

P.S. Good luck tomorrow, Del Boy. Don't get too rattled or too lit up.

It must be difficult to post what with all the sun blinding you off your laptop!!

Rattle the latch is the horse tomorrow, a horse i hope will be a lovely 3yo. Be nice if he showed something tomorrow.

Very best of luck with the run, del boy. Let's hope he enjoys himself and comes back pleased with his jockey and keen to go out again.

I see RTL is by ACCLAMATION - two of the three owners who sold XTENSION to race in Japan have bought themselves two youngsters, one by ACCLAMATION, and they're very pleased with him - hoping for good things to come. He seems to be doing very well at present, so I hope yours adds to his lustre, Del.

By a very decent sire and from a decent broodmare sire as well, so hopefully he will make a very nice horse for you, Del - all best and, as Kri says, hope he runs well and comes home having enjoyed it all.

Michael Fogarty,so you all can meet him

Here he is guys,at Cheltenham after Quattrocentos win:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG00014-20101015-1722 Chelt.2010 Quattrocento. Michael Fogarty1.jpg
    IMG00014-20101015-1722 Chelt.2010 Quattrocento. Michael Fogarty1.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG00019-20101015-1725 Chelt 10.10 Michael Fogarty,Quattrocento1.jpg
    IMG00019-20101015-1725 Chelt 10.10 Michael Fogarty,Quattrocento1.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 47
Home safe, Del, and after having to stand in the wind for a good six or seven minutes while they farted around with a couple of very naughty horses who'll now need stalls tests. Given that, he ran a decent race for you and I'm sure Ben will be pleased with him.

Roddy - is that your partner in crime? Nice pix of young Michael next to PB's old-time THL! How long has he been around? It seems like forever!

Last edited:
Ran flat as a pancake. Had a runny nose this am but it was decided to run anyways. Some of Toms havent been sparking, travelling ok but finding nothing. Ben got off him and told Tom the horses are really struggling. So basically none the wiser. Dissappointing. Hel be put away for the year now. Never travelled today, didnt sweat or take a blow after, so God knows what to think.

Well, if the lad's riding him regularly at home, you'd think he'd have noticed him struggling before today, especially if he was having any - albeit perhaps slight - respiratory probs. You sound very disappointed, Del, but hopefully things will get better. A scope should prove illuminating.

Sounds like you should forget about today's run and treat his first outing of next season as his real debut.

Back