Forum horse connections

Diddums runs tomorrow at Windsor, however whoever Emily Webber is who writes spotlights for the post, she deserves the sack, stating goes well for this rider, when tomorrow's rider has never ridden him, lazy journalism who can't be bothered to do their research, shame on an editor or sub editor for not noticing it either.

Well that wasn't great but unfortunately Ryan Moore said the horse wouldn't let himself down so guessing it's the knee he's feeling. As he is a tough old sod it must be pretty bad so the options now are very limited and a happy retirement may beckon for him.

That would be disappointing, he's been a very decent horse at his best.

Our girl Camira makes her seasonal debut today at The Curragh. If she has a similar season to last year, when she improved by a stone and a half and was in the frame six times, we would be delighted.

She could have run yesterday at Gowran in a fillies handicap worth three times the money over the same trip, but the ground would have been too lively for her. The same might apply today unless there's a bit of rain, and 7f might be a bit sharp for her these days, but I'm told she's very well.

That would be disappointing, he's been a very decent horse at his best.

Our girl Camira makes her seasonal debut today at The Curragh. If she has a similar season to last year, when she improved by a stone and a half and was in the frame six times, we would be delighted.

She could have run yesterday at Gowran in a fillies handicap worth three times the money over the same trip, but the ground would have been too lively for her. The same might apply today unless there's a bit of rain, and 7f might be a bit sharp for her these days, but I'm told she's very well.

She's a smashing filly Grey, runs her race almost every time. Hope she enjoys herself today and has a good pipe opener and gets ready for a big pot in one of those premier handicaps!!

Unfortunately Camira has ruptured a tendon and won't be racing again. It was one of those things that can happen at any time. Eddie Harty says he has a job for her in the yard and there might be the possibility of breeding from her next year.

As OTB says, she has been a smashing mare who gave us lots of fun. Thanks a lot, old girl.

P.S. Fran Berry is fine, he bailed out because he was afraid she was going to collapse and fall over

Unfortunately Camira has ruptured a tendon and won't be racing again. It was one of those things that can happen at any time. Eddie Harty says he has a job for her in the yard and there might be the possibility of breeding from her next year.

As OTB says, she has been a smashing mare who gave us lots of fun. Thanks a lot, old girl.

P.S. Fran Berry is fine, he bailed out because he was afraid she was going to collapse and fall over

Absolutely gutted to hear that Grey, she was a fabulously tough mare and a looker too.. She will undoubtedly throw a lovely foal - bags the first!

Really sorry to hear that Grey - hope shes on the mend soon and if you do breed from her, they inherit her toughness!

Sad news, but it could have been much sadder, so fingers crossed for her to recover and in due course reward you with some nice foals, Grey. Glad to hear Fran Berry's okay.

Hope she makes a full recovery, albeit not as a racehorse.
Camira would appear to be well worth breeding with if you fancy giving it a go. There would be a large choice of stallions for her too as she doesn't have Northern Dancer all over the page. She is a winner and rated 82 so much better than some broodmares (although I know that's not the be all and end all)

Sorry to hear that Grey - it's always the genuine ones that go.

Flame - Just to let you know, Emily Weber heads up the Spotlight team!!!!

Last edited:
Excellent, Kriz!

Rather than picking out a folksy type like Vinnie Roe, a sensitive soul like Yeats, or a more intellectual sort like Galileo, one of my fellow owners is already talking about sending her to Big Bad Bob. It might be best not to tell her in advance, I fear.

I loved Big Bad Bob and he has made an incredible start to his stud career - looks like he has blessed his offspring with his own toughness. It wouldn't be the worst move!

Is it true he doesn't wear a headcollar, but a large pitbull leather with "BRING IT ON" stamped into it in spiked studs?

Flame: I thought DIDDUMS could've benefitted from a couple of gentle taps to have encouraged a closer finish - any reason why Leonna didn't use the bat? (Assuming she hadn't dropped it, of course.)

Is it true he doesn't wear a headcollar, but a large pitbull leather with "BRING IT ON" stamped into it in spiked studs?

That's what I would be afraid of, I think even Trudij might hesitate if faced with that prospect. :lol:

Back