Forum horse connections

We have shares in Violet's Gift running in the 7.30 at Kempton tonight. She's a Racegoers Club syndicate filly. Its her first race so Im very excited! They think her best trip will be shorter but you have to start somewhere.

She broke nicely, which is nice to see, but your remark about the trip being too long is probably right. I hope she progresses well for you.

DIDDUMS had a torrid time and was denied, or so it seemed to me, by horses continually baulking a good run. Desperate stuff as one route after another just closed fast shut. If running tomorrow, with a better passage, really should do the stuff.

Thanks Grey. Just got an email saying that she lost some ground coming round the bend as she was on the wrong lead and she tired then blew hard for a while after the race. But we're just happy she's had her first race as we had shares in her as a 2 year old and she didn't run at all!

We have shares in Violet's Gift running in the 7.30 at Kempton tonight. She's a Racegoers Club syndicate filly. Its her first race so Im very excited! They think her best trip will be shorter but you have to start somewhere.

Any particular reason why she was move from Sir Henry Cecils Yard.

Thanks

Any particular reason why she was move from Sir Henry Cecils Yard.

Thanks

It seemed to be going ok then all of a sudden we got an email saying that she wasn't progressing as well as he'd hoped and he suggested we move her.

Gaul Wood makes his debut for us today in the 2.45 Wolverhampton, it's all about learning today and I can't see him winning but some mugs have been backing him at 7s (unless the yard have put us away).

Hopefully he'll show some promise and develop later in the year to win a nice race.

Gaul Wood makes his debut for us today in the 2.45 Wolverhampton, it's all about learning today and I can't see him winning but some mugs have been backing him at 7s (unless the yard have put us away).

Hopefully he'll show some promise and develop later in the year to win a nice race.

Happy with that then?

Absolutely delighted, never thought he'd run that well. Showed no signs of greenness, went in and came out of the stalls like an old warrior and ran an absolute blinder.

Will be looking to step up to 7f in a nice maiden next time out and would think we'd be looking to win.

The office was louder than on grand national day!

Good luck with him Stan. He's a half brother to some black type performers and prolific winners, I see.

Indeed. He nearly had to be put down 12 months ago after we bought him too, stepped on a nail and went straight through his hoof and had to have some serious surgery. Lucky to even have got him to a racecourse.

Talk of a 7f Kempton maiden or even a 7f Ascot maiden in a few weeks for him now.

Good run from Flame's Evergreen Forest at Clairefontaine today - ran 3rd and probably taken home more prize money than he would have for winning over here.

Cracking effort :)

Wonderful result, Gamla - nearly squeaked it, too. Brilliant start and I hope many more good results lie ahead.

Gaul ended up lame after the race and an x-ray today has revealed he has a small stress fracture in one of his shins. He'll need a month off sadly but should be back by November.

Disappointing to have yet another setback with him but at least we know now he could potentially be a decent racehorse.

That's bloody annoying, isn't it? But that'll mend okay with rest, as you say. I'm sure there's some nice prize money waiting for you all in due course.

Gaul ended up lame after the race and an x-ray today has revealed he has a small stress fracture in one of his shins. He'll need a month off sadly but should be back by November.

Disappointing to have yet another setback with him but at least we know now he could potentially be a decent racehorse.

Here's hoping he's back in work soon and gets the chance to reach his potential

Our syndicate horse Simpson Millar runs Saturday 2:20 Ripon - not too hopeful as I don't think he wants ground with cut in it. Apparently he's in good form at home but the ground is an unknown

He's had sore shins twice now so I think trainer is frightened to run him on fast ground for now even though with his action that looks like his ground - so no idea how he'll run but I'll have to have a small e/way and hopefully he gets a nice h'cap mark to work with after tomorrow.

The best of luck, Chef.

The main thing is that he is not sore after it and, as you say, gets a reasonable mark from the handicapper.

I see the redoubtable DIDDUMS grabbed a tiny bit of prize money in 4th place for Chris, and is also entered up for Lingfield tomorrow.

Good luck with SIMPSON MILLAR, Chef. Hopefully, he'll let down on softer going and not get jarred up this time. It's very frustrating when niggles keep coming back, so good luck.

Back