Forum horse connections

In Bloom runs in the first at Gowran, a non-graded winners juvenile hurdle. The form of the race she won at Navan has worked out ok, she seemed to enjoy the jumping side of it, and the ground should be fine for her. It is a higher class of race, though, there are two experienced tough nuts in it in the shape of Burrenbridge Lodge and One Cool Shabra, and the other two are unknown quantities either or both of which could turn out to be exceptional. It will be pleasing if she can hold her pitch in this company.

I hope horse and jockey are ok Grey.

Poor baby - I was out all afternoon and just watched the replay. She went quite a smack and although she got up, I hope nothing was found wrong. Looked like Niall was taking it easy with her, too. She showed a keen interest in the race, though, looking as if she wanted to tank on a bit down the back straight. I hope she's all right, Grey. Bonny, eye-catching horse.

Thanks to all for the good wishes and concern.

As far as we know In Bloom will be none the worse for her fall but we'll have to see how she is in the morning. She was tired at the time and it happened more or less in slow motion. Horse and jockey returned together to the parade ring race showing no clear signs of distress.

They went a slow enough pace because of concern about the testing conditions, and she didn't enjoy being kept under restraint;she had less momentum going over the hurdles and she didn't jump well, unlike at Navan.

She got very tired in spite of the slow pace, and we suspect she wasn't entirely right today for whatever reason. Mind you the conditions were very testing for young horses, and the finish was contested by the two hard chaws in the field, Burrenbridge Lodge and On Cool Shabra, who were the outsiders in the betting.

You've called it as I saw it, Grey, and hopefully next time she'll have more sprightly ground so she can go a bit faster and jump more smoothly. Glad she was sound enough to go home, hope she's not too sore tomorrow.

Facile win (No.8) by PIPERS PIPING under Leonna Mayor just now at Southwell, for Flame, @ 4-1. Horse is out again tomorrow at Wolves in an Apprentices race, and should be fresh enough for that.

Last edited:
Well done Barry! As his wife has often said, a short head will do just fine...

5.50 Dundalk
1st 2 Copper Dock (IRE) 6-1
2nd 9 Rigid Rock (IRE) 13-2
3rd 8 Ability N Delivery 9-2 F
Tote Win £8.80
Pl £2.30, £2.70, £2.20
EX £75.30
SF £47.56
Tricast £202.26
Winning Trainer T G McCourt
Winning Jockey J P O'Brien
Distances sh
12 ran
Weighed In

Last edited:
With all his pricking around putting up claimers and erm... Chris Hayes he eventually exploits his lenient mark with a overweight silver spoon merchant who would be finished at the game if it were not for nepotism.. :whistle:.

With all his pricking around putting up claimers and erm... Chris Hayes he eventually exploits his lenient mark with a overweight silver spoon merchant who would be finished at the game if it were not for nepotism.. :whistle:.

Thought that would be plain for all to see! Some thieves robbed at the decent prices!

Thanks to all!! Early birthday present;)

Back