Forum horse connections

Following William Butler's retirement after Fontwell our syndicate has two new recruits for this season:

Did You Ever - I helped our trainer buy this one at Ascot in August 2012 and he placed in four of his maiden's last season having run with little distinction in points and under rules for Richie Harding and Louis Archdeacon in Ireland. His Summer break appears to have done him the world of good - he went straight back into training after the sales in 2012 so hasn't had a proper break in well over a year and definitely enjoyed the break given I don't think I've seen a fatter horse than he was when he came back into training. He's schooled well in recent weeks and his jumping apperas to have improved and he's certainly got strong over the Summer and should definitely break his maiden this season and is entered at Cottenham a week on Sunday in what looks a very hot maiden.

De Waiting Game - Another very cheap purchase at Ascot and he didn't exactly set the world alight under rules but he had a back issue when our trainer got him and he's had treatment for that and appears to want soft ground. He ran well in his one point in Ireland behind Carry Each Other before spells with Charlie Mann and Tom Gretton. He's not the quickest but hopefully his confidence is back - he's schooled well too and will want soft ground and longer tracks I think. He's also in the maiden at Cottenham and we're hoping that it divides (there's enough entries to expect this) so that the pair run in separate races. Unsure on a jockey as yet as have had three who've ridden him out or schooled him this Autumn and he's another who'll come on for the run next week.

Martin

Ground was nowhere near soft according to Jason. Went far to fast for him. Will look for testing ground again before a possible step up in trip in time.

Following William Butler's retirement after Fontwell our syndicate has two new recruits for this season:

Did You Ever - I helped our trainer buy this one at Ascot in August 2012 and he placed in four of his maiden's last season having run with little distinction in points and under rules for Richie Harding and Louis Archdeacon in Ireland.

Martin

Glad to see he has shown some promise Martin.
Louis trains near me just beside River Blackwater 7 miles west of Cork racecourse.
His owner Jerry Dulohery is a local farmer and cattle AI technician who works around his racehorse duties.
A nice quiet man like his trainer who would not over train or abuse his horses.
i hope he runs well for you.
Have fun.

Cheers Chef. I won't lie, the fact that he ran on Saturday worries me slightly but he's very well at home.

Back