Galway Festival 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Just listening to Weld interview on rte 1 and he said his main hopes for the colts and fillies 2yo maidens won't be running.

I have backed Virgil Earp at 9/1 in this race. Because backing Meade horses with only a couple of pounds to find is the way I roll.
`
I am going to aftertime here, partly to annoy Gearoid, and partly to give some background to my bet.

I was told by someone who works in welds that they thought Hill of Content 7.45 was a savage bet tonight. His words were he was "close to a certainty". In backing this up, he told me that Welds horse in the first race would possibly blow up, and to leave him, and that I should have an ew bet on Meades horse.

He was spot on last year with the horse he gave, and I have had a good sized win only bet on this. Makes the week or breaks it.

Punting heaven for anyone who laid Riviera Poet at odds on Learn now 1.75 to lay.

Is Riviera Poet now an ew bet.

Riviera Poet beat Learn pretty cosily in the end. Learn was two lengths clear turning in at traded at 1.09 in running. I thought it was over turning in to be honest.

Aaah well. Still up for the day, even if my only other bet doesn't perform in the 2m handicap.

Going to call it a day punting wise. I always get toasted at Galway, and I might just concentrate on Goodwood for the week, just to say I had a profitable Galway 2011.

Hmmm..Quite a drift on Hill of Content now as well...very worrying for me.

Weld said he wasn't sure about it staying and was generally negative-the usual bullshit -won't stop him winning.
Weld said 2yo had sore shins after debut and he wasnafraidnrace was a week too soon for him.Also said

Aaah well. Still up for the day, even if my only other bet doesn't perform in the 2m handicap.

Going to call it a day punting wise. I always get toasted at Galway, and I might just concentrate on Goodwood for the week, just to say I had a profitable Galway 2011.

I had an each way bet on Oneeightofamile @ 10/1 this morning. When he gets beat I'll have done in a tidy sum on a day I didn't really intend to have a bet!

Weld said he wasn't sure about it staying and was generally negative-the usual bullshit -won't stop him winning.
Weld said 2yo had sore shins after debut and he wasnafraidnrace was a week too soon for him.Also said

Hope your right Luke, my man was adament that this was a certainty.

I have had a win bet on the Curtis horse here,I hope it can go around the corners, and then I had an ew bet on Rattan.

That was one useless ride given to Oneeightofamile. Fosters Cross nice and handy on the rail. Proper ride.

My record on these threads is pretty disgusting but have had 3 winners tonight (after timing I know) so far on less fancied horses and my real fancy is Alpha and Omega in the next. Last time out thought he was gagging for a shorter trip and that's what he gets tonight. Certainly a bigger price than I'd thought he'd be.

In the feature race I like Rattan (12/1) and Fosters Cross (16/1 WH). The latter horse has come late to flat racing and has a mark well below what his jumps ratings might indicate. He won over today's trip at Navan last October and then ran 4th in the (Leopardstown) November handicap. Since then his mark has come down even though he had two reasonable runs over 12f at the Curragh. He also has course form at Galway.

Well done Grey.

Back