Jockey News

Tragically Jimmy Fortune's wife, Jan, (to whom he rushed away from the races at Saturday missing the ride on Tullius in the Lockinge), has died. He rode for me while I was training and you couldn't meet a nicer guy. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Tragically Jimmy Fortune's wife, Jan, (to whom he rushed away from the races at Saturday missing the ride on Tullius in the Lockinge), has died. He rode for me while I was training and you couldn't meet a nicer guy. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Terrible news - condolences and thoughts be with him and his two boys.

A kick in the teeth for Hayley Turner today - losing one of her last good rides to Dettori who promptly lands a G1 with Ribbons .

She has had a terrible time since her injuries - nearly all of the trainers who used to use her a lot seem to have thrown her overboard barring Conor Dore and despite Ribbons - Fanshawe.

Peter Bowen's son Sean has joined Paul Nicholls as one of his stable conditionals. Shame Roddy isn't posting to give us the inside info!

Pat Smullen hits 100 for the Irish season today.
He is World class and it is amazing he has not been used as super sub by the really big owner groups so far. I suppose he is a family man and Dundalk winter season keeps him from globe trotting but he rarely makes a mistake and is ultra reliable.
Hats off to him.

Hughes only three behind Moore now. Didn't realise it was so close; Moore has ruled this season.

Pat Smullen hits 100 for the Irish season today.
He is World class and it is amazing he has not been used as super sub by the really big owner groups so far. I suppose he is a family man and Dundalk winter season keeps him from globe trotting but he rarely makes a mistake and is ultra reliable.
Hats off to him.

He is all of that

Was at Haydock yesterday (Sat), 2nd race anyone see Adam Kirby idle Skyward Emirates with a 3 length lead and get collared ? Not seen anything about it but would think he'll cop a few days - I was on the winner Stoute's horse Mustard, great to see a horse headed and fight back but what a shocker from squeaky.

Prince Of Johanne did the dame thing later on. It could be the jockeys couldn't do much about it. Maybe they just went too soon, maybe they misread the ground. Maybe once they got to the front and moved over to the rail they hit softer going. I don't know.

Wertheimer Brothers announce a split with Olivier Peslier after twelve years of success.
Goldikova, Intello, Solemnia and others were the highlights.
He would be an ideal candidate for Ballydoyle / Stoute stable should the need arise.
A top top jockey .

Back