Frozen Fire 122+ §
Ask 121
Golden Sword 120
Cima De Triomphe 118
Alwaary 115p
Scintillo 114?
Freemantle 114
Rockhampton 101+

I couldn't consider backing anything in a race like the King George that wouldn't be capable of hitting 126 so I'd rule out everything bar the top three and I'd probably pass on Look Here because fillies with it to do tend not to do it against colts.

Tartan Bearer is rated on his Derby second to New Approach and he's been lightly raced since then. It also has to be said his own form hasn't stood up all that well. The question as to whether he can win may well be answered by Ryan Moore's choice of ride. If Moore opts for him rather than Conduit - which I can't envisage - it will be a big decision.

Conduit is rated on (my figure for) the Eclipse and I am in no doubt he can better it at this distance provided that race hasn't taken too much out of him. I still have it in my mind that my figures for the Eclipse may be conservative.

For me the race revolves around Conduit. If he turns up fit and well with Moore aboard something will probably have to go wrong on the day for him not to win. At the same time, I can't get excited about the 7/4 on offer.

Last edited:
O'Brien suggested in the paper that Murtagh will ride Golden Sword, with Frozen Fire and Rockhampton also lining up.

I would like Ask to win this. More so because, if Graham goes to interview the winning team she can get ignored. I feel it would be a karmic debt paid on those grounds alone. Well at least that amongst other things and I believe it looks like the ground may suit. Perfect!

Lesley Graham? I think she'll be too busy interviewing the winning jockey at a secondary meeting on C4, I'm afraid.

There was an earlier thread and I cant recall the title but she spoke to the lass who does the horse and before the lass had chance to speak Graham rather rudely then proceeded to ignore her. I believe it was Ask.

State of play at 10 this morning. I should think they've had a bit of rain since then:

Course Ascot
Next RaceFriday 24th July
Report DateTuesday 21st July; 10:00 am
GoingGood to Firm (watering)
GoingStickOverall: 10.0, Straight: 10.3, Round: 9.7Additional InformationWill finish watering 10mm on straight course and Old Mile course today.
Weather Forecast
Tonight: Rain and drizzle (87% chance of rain), min : 6°C, max : -°C
Thursday: Spotty showers (15% chance of rain), min : 5°C, max : 13°C
Friday: A little rain (57% chance of rain), min : 3°C, max : 10°C

Last edited:
Not had it confirmed as yet, but heard through the grapevine that Ask is likely to miss the King George.

Fareer will miss the big handicap on the same card I'm told.

After much pondering and studying of videos i'm gonna back Look Here and Tartan Bearer. I feel Conduit and Golden Sword are both too short in the betting.

The interesting races to compare and contrast are last year's Breeders Cup Turf and the Coronation Cup last month. In the former they went very fast and the race fell in Conduit's lap. In the latter they didn't go the sort of gallop you like to see in a Group 1 and for most of the race Look Here only had the usual Godolphin rag behind her. She came with a blistering run to get on terms but of course the lack of pace for most of the race meant the leaders weren't slowing down. I don't think she had that hard a race over an inadequate trip last time out and at 7/1 she's a sporting bet. Tartan Bearer deserves a chance over 12f. I'm not that in love with his price but he may drift on the day if Moore chooses Conduit.

Going update at 9.30 this morning. More green on the chart(Good) top bend and straight.

Next RaceFriday 24th July
Report DateWednesday 22nd July; 9:30 am
Going Good to Firm (Good in places)
Going StickOverall: 9.2, Straight: 9.4, Round: 9.1

Weather Forecast
Tonight: Rain and drizzle (87% chance of rain), min : 6°C, max : -°C
Thursday: Spotty showers (15% chance of rain), min : 5°C, max : 13°C
Friday: A little rain (57% chance of rain), min : 3°C, max : 10°C

Last edited:
Thanks - what's the turquoise part?

I'm beginning to think Look Here is a really fantastic bet at current odds.

Thanks - what's the turquoise part?

I'm beginning to think Look Here is a really fantastic bet at current odds.

Faster than Good (i.e. Good to Firm). With a bit more rain due it could be pretty much Good all round come Saturday, tending to the fast side (unless a deluge on the day).

This shouldn't really stop anything from running (deluge aside).

Last edited:
Not had it confirmed as yet, but heard through the grapevine that Ask is likely to miss the King George.

Given the likelihood of more rain (including possibly significant rain on the day, or Friday) I would expect Ask to take his chance (unless a setback of course).

Faster than Good (i.e. Good to Firm). With a bit more rain due it could be pretty much Good all round come Saturday, tending to the fast side (unless a deluge on the day).

This shouldn't really stop anything from running (deluge aside).

Thanks

Given the likelihood of more rain (including possibly significant rain on the day, or Friday) I would expect Ask to take his chance (unless a setback of course).

Pulled up short on the gallops on Tuesday, decision not been made but is being monitored.

Back