King George Chase

Really interesting race ahead I think.

Think Chantry House could run a big race, but looks like I am not alone in that thought.

If Lostintranslation follows up and improves on his recent Ascot run, he could be there or there abouts.

You also have Clan Des Obeaux potentially reversing last season's result, with Frodon, given the former's preparation this year.

Might have a nibble on Chantry House with Lostintranslation E/W to place.

Well, we’re a lot of clever buggers aren’t we.:rolleyes:. Couldn’t pick my nose.

Last edited:
Most disappointing King George my beer ladled head can remember

They are mostly always disappointing nowadays.

CDO won two and he's a grade 2 beast at best.
Frodon beat non stayers last year
Thistlecrack beat handicappers. Tea for Two was placed ffs

Danny is a top judge of pace; front or back.
Kempton is that kind of track; always was.
Rain spoiled it for Nicholls runners but little enough on ratings between them all .
Disappointed Asterion fell but he has a big engine and hopefully will have his day in the sun.

Will be interesting to see what De Bromhead makes of Minella Indo's 'run' today, was just too bad to be true. He just was never comfortable at any stage in the race and never looked going one bit. You knew pretty quickly it wasn't going to be his day and he folded like a pack of cards.

Will be interesting to see what De Bromhead makes of Minella Indo's 'run' today, was just too bad to be true. He just was never comfortable at any stage in the race and never looked going one bit. You knew pretty quickly it wasn't going to be his day and he folded like a pack of cards.

Could read too much into it and think the cheek pieces went on as he has showed no spark at home

Not Blackmores finest day ever either

For a race that is an "easy" 3m, it is some race to incapacitate the field and see most of them legless year after year

Could read too much into it and think the cheek pieces went on as he has showed no spark at home

For a race that is an "easy" 3m, it is some race to incapacitate the field and see most of them legless year after year

I couldn't understand what Blackmore was thinking tbh. I understand competing for the lead at the start Vs Frodon - then she eased off as the pace was too hot. Fair enough.

The second move to take the inside line up the bend made absolutely no sense unless she was planning to stay there. Almost as if she was so focused on making sure Frodon didn't get an easy lead rather than riding her own race. Minella Indo has never been a front runner - if not giving Frodon an easy lead was so important why didn't they run a stablemate as a spoiler?

I thought Clan Des Obeaux ran as good a race as could be expected on that ground. Frodon actually did very well to finish that close given the pace and going, I suspect on good ground he would have been very hard to beat.

I suspect we won't see Tornado Flyer troubling the judge too many more times at the top level, though it was a very well judged ride by Mullins the way the race developed

At the speed they can go fence to fence mid race in a King George make it really tough to keep up.

Hennessy Gold Cup Winners Ryanair winners and Gold Cup winners have failed to see out the trip never moreson than when Kauto was around.

Yesterday would not be the fastest ever KG run but it was still about 40 seconds fast then the Rowland Merrick at Wetherby for example.

I couldn't understand what Blackmore was thinking tbh. I understand competing for the lead at the start Vs Frodon - then she eased off as the pace was too hot. Fair enough.

The second move to take the inside line up the bend made absolutely no sense unless she was planning to stay there. Almost as if she was so focused on making sure Frodon didn't get an easy lead rather than riding her own race. Minella Indo has never been a front runner - if not giving Frodon an easy lead was so important why didn't they run a stablemate as a spoiler?

I thought Clan Des Obeaux ran as good a race as could be expected on that ground. Frodon actually did very well to finish that close given the pace and going, I suspect on good ground he would have been very hard to beat.

I suspect we won't see Tornado Flyer troubling the judge too many more times at the top level, though it was a very well judged ride by Mullins the way the race developed

Rachel gave Minella Indo as good a ride as possible. She's on the best stayer in the race so where better to be than right up with the pace? But like many stayers before him they just cant go KG pace.

Really don't understand you making the ground as an excuse for CDO who won the King George in soft ground before:rolleyes: Or Frodon fresh from hacking up in Ireland in soft.

PN is a top class trainer and one of the best around for making excuses beforehand he can fall back on when his horses get beat.

Hard to say where Tornado Flyer will end up in the scheme of things. He did run Min to a length and has been running against the best ever since,

He is only 8 maybe he has just come of age who knows?

Last edited:

The bald fact is Kempton's a flat track with a regular finish, and no way the same test as the Gd1 3m tracks with a stiff climb at the finish.
Minella Indo was ridden to make use of his stamina, the blinds no doubt added to help, and imo, Danny Mullins was probably fortunate to clout the first, in what proved an asset, as the pace turned out.

Last edited:
Back