Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Build Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
David Dent is a misunderstood genius. Or a nutter. Probably a bit of both. He also spends his time painting ladies in the nuddy, and then selling the pictures. The lucky, lucky bastard.

He also take very tasteful snaps of the Bridie strap with her wallopers hanging out. Top man, but as you say, clearly a high-end mentalist too.

David Dent is a misunderstood genius. Or a nutter. Probably a bit of both. He also spends his time painting ladies in the nuddy, and then selling the pictures. The lucky, lucky bastard.

Well I saw the one with him at Cheltenham and I would rather have painted her with her clothes on

I'm just wondering if you've ever actually walked a furlong?, If you have then you'd realise a horse that won in a canter over 23 of them in heavy ground is a stayer.

He may be a speedier type like you say, I can't argue with that but to claim he isn't a stayer on what we've seen is obsured.

You use humans as a comparison for horses then make an unsubstantiated assertion after telling everyone to provide you with evidence for BB? Nice work Brucey....

Swedish has quite clearly demonstrated, in no uncertain terms, that BB is clearly one of the best 3 hurdlers in recent years so can you wind it in on the nonsense front and join in with the rest of humans.... Or should I say factory workers :ninja::lol:

Dangerous Dave Dent.

DD is/was involved in various artistic endeavours to some degree, and has a unique line in racing-forum chat.

I know him from his one-time TRF handle of 'Green Green Desert', and when he wasn't making oblique references to native American history and culture, he could usually be found writing thought provoking (as in "I'm-just-coming-up-on-acid" thought-provoking) tales on a variety of subjects.

Now, it's not for me to say whether Dangerous Dave ever took acid. But I will say this.

A lot of his paintings are exactly like how ones vision goes, when one is coming-up on acid (well so I hear, anyway). They are painted in a particular style; being by no means unpleasant on the eye, but rather leaving you with the sensation that you have viewed it through the window of a car doing 60mph in the rain.

Who is to say?

Suggestions that Dave Dent has returned in the guise of our hero Bruce will, I'm inclined to think, eventually prove wide of the mark. There was always a latent anger about DD's posts, and I always had him as the type to chop his ear off and e-mail it to people, just as soon as the technology caught up with his 'beautiful mind'. It seems spending his days thinking about his ouevre whilst painting rubber-clad trim, just wasn't enough to make him happy (the doss kent).

For me, Mr Savage doesn't have that inferred malifiscence about him, and is a high-end mentalist for entirely different reasons; not least his reading of Big Buck's form.

This character?

GreenGreenDesert
09 Sep 2006, 01:25
Those of us here who name ourselves after horses I mean.

This may sound strange, but I have noticed one or two here named after racehorses have similar characters to those horses. I won't say who but two starkly  in partcular.

To show you what I mean take me.

Now most of you remember my horse Green Green Desert.<br>And some of you probably have formed an opinion on me by now.

So I will choose myself...and look how it equates with Desi:

Bit of a thinker, awkward, obstinate, difficult to train and bites. Capable of erratic behaviour; can swerve violently; unpredictable. Timeform squiggle.

You know how they say dogs and their owners look alike...well I think they are often similar character wise . Do you think we are attracted to animals where we can see some personality traits of ourselves?

Does anyone want to be honest and say if they have picked a horse that somehow equates with certain qualities? Even bad ones like mine? or maybe reliable, honest ones? I never really thought about this until now.

Does anyone have similar pets to themselves?

Just for fun but it crossed my mund as I was reading one persons post in particular then thought about myself and to be honest was a bit shocked...but I know my faults.:biggrin:

Does anyone consciously or subconsciously follow horses whose cahracter they identify with?

I am thinking that maybe horses like Desert Orchid were popular because he was workmanlike, was nothing on breeding started off as a moderate flat horse and fell on one of his first hurdles outings, but worked his way up to be so popular because people identified with these...graft and honesty pay off? Was he the peoples horse?

Ot then there are the sleek, classic bred types who are brilliant; perfect ;lookers.

Or the handicap sprinters...speed merchants with chippy pluck sometimes ugly but strong and muscular.....usually Northern trained!

Or dour stayers, loyal to the end.

Or the squiggle types.<br>I know aswell as Green green Desert I loved Or Royal, and Vodkatini for example. The rebels.

Do we stick with qualities we admire or is it all about form or liking them because we won money on them?

Dangerous Dave Dent.

A lot of his paintings are exactly like how ones vision goes, when one is coming-up on acid (well so I hear, anyway).

Is that the stage where you get the giggles and you laugh so hard your literaly crying with laughter (well so I hear, anyway).

You would need to check out DD's website, VVO.

Assuming he still has one - I'm talking a few years ago now.:cool:

...it's all going on in the depiction of Denman 'behold a hero...' a wild mixture of William Blake, Lucian Freud and Timothy Leary... anyone who paints with this passion can't be all bad (...or good).

Any thoughts on Western Leader getting 2 stone from Mikael d'Haguenet? 10/3 more than fair if he is trying.

MDH 11-12
WL 10-11

But the RP had Western Leader on 11-4??

A pleasing performance on really deep ground from the winner. I'm on at 40s for the World Hurdle and whilst he won't win in if BB gets there he still travels like a dream and will trade at single figures during the race at some stage. Pretty much a free bet.

Misread 10 for 11 before I put bet on. The kind of race So Young has been in - impossible to know what to make of it.

For the sake of thread continuity it should be said that Oscar Whisky has reinforced his claim, if only because he is apparently now more likely to run in this.

I hope they run Thousand Stars in this too.

Big Buck's is due to run in the Cleeve, yes? I think I read that Andy Stewart said as much after Ascot.

Back