Novice Chasers 2011-12

I'd like to think I have as good an eye as any for spotting future champions.

Grassy will confirm I said Binocular would win the Champion Hurdle 2 minutes after he won his very first race and I got some amount of stick for it.

I was touting Zarkava for the Arc 6 months befor she hacked up. Would not here of Zenyatta being beat against the colts and was hammering her at 6/1 when the doubters ended up getting 7/4. Told everyone on TRF that Kauto Star was the best since Arkle 5 years ago and I told Timeform they were nuts when they said there was virtually nothing between Frankel and Dream ahead early in their careers

I did say St Nicholas Abbey would win the Derby immediately after his very first race and Canford Cliffs was a certainty for the 2000 Guineas but althought they didn't they turned out to be top class at the end of the day and no one get it right all the time.

So I am quite happy to be shot at but mark my words this horse is one of the best chasers you are ever likely to see in your life time and has more class in his tail than Remittinace Man had in his entire body.

He's simply different gravy and nothing will get him off the bridle this season

So load dem shotguns and take your best shot :ninja:

I thought Bog Warrior's fall the last day was looking a distinct possibility from the moment the race started. Too buzzy and awkward looking. Not a horse I'd like to take 1/6 about anyway.

So I am quite happy to be shot at but mark my words this horse is one of the best chasers you are ever likely to see in your life time and has more class in his tail than Remittinace Man had in his entire body

Although in absolute agreement with you about the potential for Sprinter Sacre from observing everything about him as a racehorse, statements like this are just plain silly and do the horse no favours.

Horses like Remittance Man and Azertyuiop were everything you would want to see in a prospective Arkle winner. All we can say at this point is that we believe the same can be said for Sprinter Sacre.

So I am quite happy to be shot at but mark my words this horse is one of the best chasers you are ever likely to see in your life time and has more class in his tail than Remittinace Man had in his entire body.

To make a comment like this you must have either never seen Remittance Man race or your grossly underrating him. One of the best 2m chasers of the past 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTm0agIqrQY

Afterwards winning trainer Tony Martin did issue a warning about Bog Warrior’s Cheltenham participation this season, saying “I wouldn’t be adverse to missing Cheltenham this season as he is definitely a winter ground horse.”

“It was a relief to win - we were gutted at Christmas with what happened (fell at Leopardstown). He had been jumping so well up to that and it’s good to get that out of the way with and get him back winning.

“He got a fair scare at Christmas and it knocked him for a bit. He started back the right way but I don’t know where he goes now. He is a horse who I wouldn’t subject to running on good ground, he has a real round action.

"The ground will dictate where we go. He definitely likes to get into it, but once there's yielding in it I'd be happy to take my chance. Where next I don't know. We'll get him back and see how he is because he did put his back out when he fell.

"I wouldn't be that bothered about missing Cheltenham this year as next year I see him as a Lexus horse in soft ground. He's definitely a winter horse."”

Last edited:
To make a comment like this you must have either never seen race or your grossly underrating him. One of the best 2m chasers of the past 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTm0agIqrQY

Aplogies was a bit of a drunken rant :cool: My mate arrived from Australia and we went just a teenie weenie bit over the top round the nightspots of Bangkok. Hardly remember writing.

It would be hard to argue he was one of the best 2 milers of the past 20 years but even harder to say he was better than more than a few. With names like Badsworth Boy, Pearylman, Vikings Son, Martha's Son, Barnbrook Again, One Man, Moscow Flyer, Master Minded, Azertyuiop and Sizing Europe I'd hate to say he would have beaten any of them or vice versa.

Beating Katabatic was a first class effort on its own right but the fact they had one of the best 2 milers never to win a QMCC chase in Waterloo Boy back in 3rd made it one of the better champion Chases but no more sensational than anything Badworth Boy or Moscow Flyer did.

How can you possibly think I had never seen him run I doubt if there's an upload of yours I haven't watched. You're my hero mate;) I was desperate to see some old races after I moved to Thailand and you came to my rescue big time.

To be honest no matter what Nicky Henderson says at the moment about Sprinter Sacre being a 2 miler I think you'll find he will stay much further and end up running in the King George in the future like Remittance Man did.
He will try for sure as leopards never change their spots.

That's only my opinion and no doubt many would disagree but I see the Arkle as nothing more than a stepping stone for him and can't see how anything will stop him from hacking up.

If I had to name a possible danger it would be Bog Warrior. He's unexposed there's no telling how good he is and no direct form line you can use to compare them.

However I doubt if they will run him. He looks to have a great future, they want to look after him and to take on Sprinter Sacre when he could probably win Jewson standing on his head would be pretty silly move as he not only has bundles of speed he stays really well.

Would love to see them both hacking up at Cheltenham and the media crying out of a battle of the giants next season. That really would be something.
We can but dream.

With Kauto coming towards the end of his career the timing couldn't be better to give NH racing a boost.

Loved watching that clip, Arazi. It's the first time I've seen them rolled together - great watching.

Remittance Man is always rightly remembered for his bold yet economical jumping (still one of the best I've ever seen over fences), but what's often over-looked is how tremendously game he was as well.

If one or other element had been missing, then he wouldn't have won a Champion Chase, because there's no doubt in my mind that he was better over a good deal further. Certainly, in terms of his 2m form, I'd have him some way below the likes of Moscow Flyer and Azertyiuop.

Remittance Man's single chase outing over 3m was inconclusive in my view, and whilst he was generally classed as a non-stayer that day, he was a non-stayer who ran to a very high mark. If injury hadn't intervened, I believe he would have gone close in at least one other King George, and left the best of his 2m form well behind.

Tanlic, I agree - Sprinter Sacre looks hugely promising right now, and I've no wish to have a poke at him. But with only two chase outings under his belt, it is far too early to say how good he is ultimately going to be. We should have respect for other horse's reputations, and try not to get too carried away with the hyperbole. :cool:

Tanlic, I agree - Sprinter Sacre looks hugely promising right now, and I've no wish to have a poke at him. But with only two chase outings under his belt, it is far too early to say how good he is ultimately going to be. We should have respect for other horse's reputations, and try not to get too carried away with the hyperbole. :cool:

SS 9/4
PC 3/1

Not that many people are getting carried away seemingly. Peddlers has to be the worst priced horse of the entire Festival. I think Al Ferof and Cue Card are both bigger dangers to the winner.

Aplogies was a bit of a drunken rant :cool: My mate arrived from Australia and we went just a teenie weenie bit over the top round the nightspots of Bangkok. Hardly remember writing.

It would be hard to argue he was one of the best 2 milers of the past 20 years but even harder to say he was better than more than a few. With names like Badsworth Boy, Pearylman, Vikings Son, Martha's Son, Barnbrook Again, One Man, Moscow Flyer, Master Minded, Azertyuiop and Sizing Europe I'd hate to say he would have beaten any of them or vice versa.

Beating Katabatic was a first class effort on its own right but the fact they had one of the best 2 milers never to win a QMCC chase in Waterloo Boy back in 3rd made it one of the better champion Chases but no more sensational than anything Badworth Boy or Moscow Flyer did.

How can you possibly think I had never seen him run I doubt if there's an upload of yours I haven't watched. You're my hero mate;) I was desperate to see some old races after I moved to Thailand and you came to my rescue big time.

To be honest no matter what Nicky Henderson says at the moment about Sprinter Sacre being a 2 miler I think you'll find he will stay much further and end up running in the King George in the future like Remittance Man did.
He will try for sure as leopards never change their spots.

That's only my opinion and no doubt many would disagree but I see the Arkle as nothing more than a stepping stone for him and can't see how anything will stop him from hacking up.

If I had to name a possible danger it would be Bog Warrior. He's unexposed there's no telling how good he is and no direct form line you can use to compare them.

However I doubt if they will run him. He looks to have a great future, they want to look after him and to take on Sprinter Sacre when he could probably win Jewson standing on his head would be pretty silly move as he not only has bundles of speed he stays really well.

Would love to see them both hacking up at Cheltenham and the media crying out of a battle of the giants next season. That really would be something.
We can but dream.

With Kauto coming towards the end of his career the timing couldn't be better to give NH racing a boost.

Glad you've enjoyed the video's. :)

Remittance Man is one of my favourite ever racehorses so I always take any opportunity to remind people how good he was!

By the way, I've been hugely impressed with Sprinter Sacre as well. I think he's the most exciting novice chaser seen since Azertyuiop.

SS 9/4
PC 3/1

Not that many people are getting carried away seemingly. Peddlers has to be the worst priced horse of the entire Festival. I think Al Ferof and Cue Card are both bigger dangers to the winner.

Where has all this money for peddlers come from!Cue Card could be the fly in the ointment but he would have to have a perfect round and then some.cant have AF whichever way I look at it,think the bird will have flown by the time he's staying on.Hope the firms take SS on on the day.:whistle:

I thought Bog Warrior's fall the last day was looking a distinct possibility from the moment the race started. Too buzzy and awkward looking.

I thought exactly the same watching the Leopardstown race, but he was more relaxed yesterday and jumped very well. Mind you he was left alone in front, which made things easier for him, and I think his head carriage is uncomfortably low for whoever has to ride him.

I thought exactly the same watching the Leopardstown race, but he was more relaxed yesterday and jumped very well. Mind you he was left alone in front, which made things easier for him, and I think his head carriage is uncomfortably low for whoever has to ride him.

He landed steeply at a couple and was flat at at least one more. Last five or so were far more neat and professional looking. He obviously has a lot of talent but he were mine I'd wait another year before bringing him to Cheltenham. He looks the type that will slowly learn to get around safely.

Like LI alot. Jumps for fun and has lots of pace. Definite contender for a hot looking RSA

Was away today and just watched the race now. Very impressive form him digging out his own pace and finishing like he did. His jumping was excellent when required and he only jumped a couple to the right when under no pressure. Bookmakers were underwhelmed and Fenton's post race comments seem to be playing down the possibility of the RSA due to ground concerns. He is one of my pivotal ante post Cheltenham horses and I strongly believe he would be a very serious contender if they let him take his chance.

Was away today and just watched the race now. Very impressive form him digging out his own pace and finishing like he did. His jumping was excellent when required and he only jumped a couple to the right when under no pressure. Bookmakers were underwhelmed and Fenton's post race comments seem to be playing down the possibility of the RSA due to ground concerns. He is one of my pivotal ante post Cheltenham horses and I strongly believe he would be a very serious contender if they let him take his chance.

Be under no illusion, he will run at Cheltenham.

Back