Novice Chasers 2011-12

I will be very peed off if they void them now, I would have still put them back on at 10/11 once the race re-opened like I did my PP bets that got voided.

12-18 months I'd imagine Granger - particularly if he's done both front or both rear it certainly doesn't look good for his racing career IMO though would depend how seriously injured he is.

Lovethehigherlaw and Samain were the two best bumper horses of last season and both are now out of action too. Jiggy have most of the best young horses in Ireland at the moment but they have had bad luck along the way.

Jarred tendons they say. It's particuarly disappointing, no firm timeframe on it as yet but obviously a huge question mark there.

**** **** **** **** - and so all the ante-post positions start to unravel :mad:

The next few weeks will be hard on those with ante post positions.In 1994 I had Barton Bank backed at 200/1 for the Charlie Hall/Gold Cup double.I still remember the phone call telling me what had happened-I have a strict policy of not breaking bad (gambling news) to anyone.

The next few weeks will be hard on those with ante post positions.In 1994 I had Barton Bank backed at 200/1 for the Charlie Hall/Gold Cup double.I still remember the phone call telling me what had happened-I have a strict policy of not breaking bad (gambling news) to anyone.

Did a quick analysis of my ante-post bets of the last two years. Have not made money but I thought the bottom line was actually a lot worse. Ante-post does serve me well for meetings like Cheltenham in that I can gradually build a position and this allows me to take it easy the actual days of racing and have a couple of guesses in the handicaps rather than betting frantically and heavily every day. It's that type of meeting that someone like myself can lose the run of themselves and chase like you wouldn't believe.
One non-runner doesn't ruin a book, I have four horses in the book that are now considerably shorter, if they can all turn up sound and run their races then all is not lost......

Feck it. I'm going tomorrow so am more interested with seeing him in the flesh and hopefully seeing him cementing his position as a strong Arkle Favourite.

Back