Novice Chasers 2011-12

There is a vast difference between Sandown and the undulations of Cheltenham. They may take their toll if he is right up there. I can see Peddlers and Al Ferof being fairly close at the line.

Starting line, I presume?
Though both very good horses, neither has anything like the speed or alacrity of Sprinter Sacre, and will be chasing rainbows from the very early stages.

Wonderful novice, wonderful horse... smashed Barnbrook Again’s course record with his head in his chest. Bought some money on the win, but (largely due to Desert Orchid’s advice) also put French Opera in for the forecast and place. So a marvellous return in a small field from unpromising prospects.

I see Henderson is comparing him to Remittance Man now, which makes me think I’m not a million miles off about him.

I'm not up on times etc but is it right that he beat race record?

Spring-heeled and broke Barnbrook Again's course record on good/soft (4.28 seconds faster than standard) with his head in his chest with knackered horses weaving about behind him. His potential is unbelievable.

I'm on at 10s, 7s and 9/4 for the Arkle. I'll be content with that rather than suck any remaining value out, but to those not on, evens on the day would be a gift.

Last edited:
I was really impressed again today
the best novice chaser I have seen and once settles has the potential to be much better than Kauto, MF or Azerty.
Top class.

Just watched it as i was stuck in work. Amazing performance, but he needs to settle. Barry will end up coming off if he always has to ride like that. What price QM 2013.

Just watched it as i was stuck in work. Amazing performance, but he needs to settle. Barry will end up coming off if he always has to ride like that. What price QM 2013.

There's a touch of the Frankels about him, brilliant and a touch raw. Like you say, he needs to learn to settle, and also to also jump less exuberantly. If he keeps taking off from outside the wings like in that photo Del Boy put up there's a danger he'll hurt himself.

There's a touch of the Frankels about him, brilliant and a touch raw. Like you say, he needs to learn to settle, and also to also jump less exuberantly. If he keeps taking off from outside the wings like in that photo Del Boy put up there's a danger he'll hurt himself.

Excellent comparison, difficult to visualise a scenario where he completes the course in anywhere other than 1st place. Would I take Evs about him doing so? Probably not, happy to watch in admiration though.

I love it - the more i watch him the more I love him.... wish he'd settle a bit better but hopefully that will come in the future without switching him off completely and him going the other way.

hes just not going to find many that can test him....

Lol, well obviously I love you too Mel..... But you don't make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up in quite the same way.... (which is good, because there's a word for that and plenty of videos on the black market..!!!! )

Very impressed, the Arkle is his for the taking.

Not too worried about the keenness early on, just enthusiastic and he really seemed to be enjoying himself.

No longer a hype horse, he's the real deal.

These people encouraging a run in the QM - do they not realise that the Arkle is almost as prestigious a prize? There's a massive difference in kudos between winning the Gold Cup and the RSA that just isn't there for the two milers.

Back