Novice Chasers 2015/16

Nice performance from Native River.

Shame that VAR fell so early. BOB doesn't seem to enjoy chasing. A shame after the initial hype given to him. I won't be backing him again.

Shame that VAR fell so early. BOB doesn't seem to enjoy chasing. A shame after the initial hype given to him. I won't be backing him again.

BoB was one I was really looking forward to this year. Ive now realised that it was only coz we'd see more of Curtis on the telly.

Maybe he bled again. I went for an outsider, but chose the wrong one as usual [Twelve Roses].

On a line through Abracadabra Sivola BOB had the beating of Native River.

The Pipe horse was jumping nicely until he got a bit tired in the last Half mile
I like Scu,always have done and in general I don't like questioning an experienced jockey's tactics but does he really need to hare off in front and then kick for home very early in such testing ground.

Last edited:
Proper attritional race yesterday. The winner has a great attitude & will be running in high level staying chases in the coming years. Not sure about the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] & think he may revert to hurdles

Todyas Grade 2 has been won by some good horses in the last few yrs - Coneygree, Wonderful Charm, Dynaste & Bobs Worth. Backed Maximiser last time, so will retain the faith today as he’ll def stay, ground won’t be an issue, but was hoping for a bigger price...

Maximiser for me too. No disgrace being outstayed on heavy ground by Silsol last time as that one has won since despite jumping badly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to seeing Alvisio Ville over fences tomorrow. Such a big horse, he should make fences look like hurdles.
While he's only a maiden hurdle winner, his form behind Windsor Park and Nichols Canyon reads well. Chasing was always going to be his game. Anything he done last year was a bonus.
Hopefully a nice school around tomorrow and then on to Leopardstown at Xmas. I expect him to make hay this Winter.

Rebecca Curtis is putting that BOB run down down to her horses being way out if sorts at the moment due to a bad batch of hay. They will have a few easy weeks to get it sorted according to the brother in laws cousin who is a stable lass over there. I wont lose faith with BOB just yet. That run was justtoo bad to be true.

Paul Townend should have pulled him up tho. That tired fall was the last thing he needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much so. Question is will he go on decent ground?

We know Monksland does, he gives the form some substance and ran really well himself.

I would say he'd be slightly Keener on easier ground,not to say that he can't win on spring ground but More Of That will be in his element in March.

I would say he'd be slightly Keener on easier ground,not to say that he can't win on spring ground but More Of That will be in his element in March.

Only just caught the race last night. NMH very impressive, he is very clean and direct over his fences, and delighted to hear the jockey once again say he will be better the further he goes. I have to be honest I wouldn't be seeing More of That as his main danger come March.

Back