Novice Hurdlers 2011-2012

Geraghty has his own agenda as well.... If I were the owner i'd make the decision myself!!!! He pays the feckin bills after all...

The money has come in for Darlan, might have been down to me but then again ive given everyone a few months to get on.

Forget Sprinter Sacre, Darlan is the best horse in the yard.

Bygones in Brid is no more, a terrible loss for 'Arry and the yard. Didn't get the chance fulfil his potential.

That's a shame about Bygones In Brid.

Lyreen Wonder, the horse to whom Boston Bob gave ground, 10 lbs in weight and a 2L beating last time out has just won the Grade 2 hurdle at Thurles today. Prior to that Lyreen Legend finished 4L behind Monksland at Naas. The connections of both horses will no doubt be pleased.

Yep and Grandouet, Spirit Son, Last Installment etc. Never a year goes by when a few of the good 'uns drop out and I don't want to sound negative but we still have 2 weeks to go. When Michael Dickingson said "it's a tough enough job getting them fit and ready to run let alone getting them to win a race" no one said truer words.

Last edited:
Yep and Grandouet, Spirit Son, Last Installment etc. Never a year goes by when a few of the good 'uns drop out and I don't want to sound negative but we still have 2 weeks to go. When Michael Dickingson said "it's a tough enough job getting them fit and ready to run let alone getting them to win a race" no one said truer words.

Wish I hadn't said that now..Kauto on the sick list:(

Lyreen Wonder, the horse to whom Boston Bob gave ground, 10 lbs in weight and a 2L beating last time out has just won the Grade 2 hurdle at Thurles today. Prior to that Lyreen Legend finished 4L behind Monksland at Naas. The connections of both horses will no doubt be pleased.

Monksland is my Neptune horse. Good ground will improve him and given what he's done on soft/heavy that would make him a serious player. My only concern is his temperament as he ran out in his point and has swished his tail a little under pressure.

Have really liked Vendor for the Fred Winter since his Newbury run (loved the way he picked up after a nasty mistake at the last). Alan King also seems pretty bullish:
"I would have liked to have got another run into him but he is as good as my two Triumph horses"
and:
"He has gone up since stood in his box to 129 but I would be very disappointed if he was not a whole lot better than that"

So apparently a snip at the weights and as good as Grumeti in a weaker race?

Would seem so only he said "I would have liked to have got another run into him" which wories me a bit but not enough to stop me from having afew quid on. Thanks for pointing that out

No mention on here of Boston Bob’s work with Hurricane Fly and Quevega earlier in the week.

Mullins: “I am very happy with how they went. They all worked well and all they jumped very well, particularly Boston Bob, his jumping was immaculate, he just looks a real natural”.

No mention on here of Boston Bob’s work with Hurricane Fly and Quevega earlier in the week.

Mullins: “I am very happy with how they went. They all worked well and all they jumped very well, particularly Boston Bob, his jumping was immaculate, he just looks a real natural”.

Trying to scare away Simonsig....:lol:

...mind you it's all relative. He was only working with Hurricane Fly and a clapped out mare. If he was that good you would have thought they'd give him a test.;)

Boston Bob looks the real deal,I do think he'll pick up the Neptune and I think a horse he has previously beaten, Mounbenbulben will take all the beating in the Albert B.

Monksland is my Neptune horse. Good ground will improve him and given what he's done on soft/heavy that would make him a serious player. My only concern is his temperament as he ran out in his point and has swished his tail a little under pressure.

He is mine also Aragorn, he will be better on a faster surface IMO. Also looked a litte green at Naas, when he pretty much ran all over Lyreen Legend. In relation to Boston Bob, looks more of a stayer and would prefer to see him run in the Albert Bartlett.

Simonsig although travels very well found nothing at Sandown when asked a question, just looked woefully one paced, I will be opposing him wherever he turns up.

All this second guessing is making my head hurt. After being pretty confident that Simonsig would be switched to the Neptune after Fingal Bay came out I've got the feeling that they'll go for the Supreme with him and leave the Neptune to Boston Bob and co.

Yesterday Simonsig was as low as 5/1 for the Supreme with Ladbrokes and as high as 10/1 with PP. It's complicated further by firms switching over to NRNB now or in the near future.

buggered my comp on here then - ah well, BP will have to make up for it !!

He'll win anyway Slim, wouldnt have mattered which race he'd gone for... (though obviously the supreme would have suited the pocket much better!!)

Last edited:
I was more confident about the Neptune even with Boston Bob's participation. The Supreme looks hella tough as always.

Back