Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

Stay or Leave

• Stay

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Leave

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
You would have to be pretty desperate for a bet on those misfits,unfortunately all the decent mps on the labour side won't be in the running for at least 5/6 years...

TM faces a no confidence vote later today ( that always strikes me as weird. Clearly it’s already happened for the press to be telling us about it!) can’t wait to find out what happens next... [emoji849][emoji1751]*[emoji3601]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good grief; this country is in the biggest mess that I can ever remember and the very people who brought about the referendum are now fighting to be PM [Greasy Smogg et al]. What a mess this country is in. As a Labour voting Corbyn sceptic I'm actually hoping for some kind of Labour/SNP/Green/LibDem coalition to come out of all this.

Yay!!
Hopefully, she's gone tonight; no more weak-kneed pussy footing around, or capitulating at every turn.
Imho, what the country needs now is strong leadership from someone who'll stand up for Britain, and point out to the EU exactly what they'll be losing if the UK does exit, and able to renegotiate the whole sorry mess from a more level playing field.
Failing success by that, there's always the backstop of walking away completely, and us deciding what financial penalties are due - in either direction.

Forecasting the result of secret ballots is a fool's game: saying one thing in public, doing the opposite in private is a trait particularly applicable to duplicitous MPs. That said, I'd be surprised if May loses this confidence vote; though whether she'll feel the backing she'll be given will be strong enough to carry on is another matter. Knowing her and her deeply buried super-glued leopard skin heels, she will

The alternative replacements are as bad if not worse,the peoples vote is getting nearer and nearer to happening..

Yay!!
Hopefully, she's gone tonight; no more weak-kneed pussy footing around, or capitulating at every turn.
Imho, what the country needs now is strong leadership from someone who'll stand up for Britain, and point out to the EU exactly what they'll be losing if the UK does exit, and able to renegotiate the whole sorry mess from a more level playing field.
Failing success by that, there's always the backstop of walking away completely, and us deciding what financial penalties are due - in either direction.

Respectfully RH, I tend to think that the EU are grown up and organised enough to have worked out exactly what 'they'll be losing' and have probably been working that out since June 24th 2016. Additionally I think the £39Bn forfeit would be regrettable but absorb-able in an $19Trillion GDP aggregate economy.

Last edited:
Yay!!

Won't happen. That type of leader looks great for the over-50s Tories and similar voters, but, rightly, will not enjoy the support of Parliament. That means any no-deal "negotiated" with the EU will not get through Parliament. Back to square one, and worth re-iterating that it is the EU who actually hold the cards. Not us.

Talk of level playing-fields displays an ignorance that fails to account for the unity of 27 nations standing shoulder-to-shoulder, ranged against the biggest collection of delusional incompetents, ever assembled as a UK Govt.

Last edited:
Hopefully her bottle goes, and she capitulates for a Peoples Vote.

She can fu*ck herself off a bridge as soon as that’s arranged, as far as I’m concerned.

She can fu*ck herself off a bridge as soon as that’s arranged, as far as I’m concerned.

Isn't a second vote very dangerous? They'll be rioting on the streets.

Odds on now I would have thought. I said over a year ago when no one gave it a chance that I thought it was a 30% likely outcome

Ironically the Brexiteers might have emboldened her now given that she can move with a lot more freedom and actually show some leadership instead of a being follower of instruction. The Brexiteers have handed her a 12 month period of grace with the threat of challenge removed. She's in a stronger position to call one, than she was at the start of the day. There's also the retreat of UKIP to factor into her thinking. When Nigel Farage has left the party because it's too extreme, there's no longer any prospect of it offering a haven for malcontent conservatives MP's, something that couldn't necessarily be said for Cameron

Theresa May is actually a civil servant though rather than a politician. She'd probably make someone a good Permanent Secretary. She's in the wrong job. She should have moved into Whitehall not Westminster, but with her own political future now set she has no reason to think long term and career anymore. She's going to be Baroness May of Maidenhead by 2021. She might just surprise us and move decisively and do something dynamic that a more inspirational and instinctive politician would.

When her own half-baked proposal is defeated on the substantive vote (which surely it has to be), we now know that at least 117 Tories will vote against it, then she's got nowhere to go other than throwing it back to the people. It's good politics anyway. She needs the people to own the decision and accept the consequences for it, because right now if it all goes tits up, they won't. Voters will rarely admit they're stupid and got something wrong. They are prepared to admit they were lied to though and blame the person that did it. In this case it would Boris Johnson and by extension, the Tories

The potential spanner in the works however would be if Labour finally did what they should have done 12 months ago and positioned themselves on a second vote platform. If they did that and committed to it, and then called a vote of no confidence, how would the 20-25 Tory rebels vote? Would they vote even?. Jeremy Corbyn could probably finish as of tonight if he changes policy. She couldn't risk being defeated and brought down by the likes of Ken Clarke, Anna Soubry, Sarah Woolaston et al. She'd be better off taking the moment into her own hands and pulling the trigger

she will not lead the Tories into the next election

Seems to be the phrase doing the rounds on Grub Street today which, if not a lazy misquote with in 2022 omitted, begs the question:

if Corbyn and whoever decide to call for a no-confidence vote in the near future and if they're successful who will lead the Conservatives into the ensuing election?

I'm amazed that nobody has commented on Corbyn's ineptitude over the last week. At this rate Teresa May is going to be handed a freebie, with his shockingly bad tactical decisions and parliament performances coming off the back of Rees-Moggs ill advised failed no confidence attempt. Labour MP's will now be waking up to the fact that their messiah is nothing more than a snake oil salesman.

Back