Racing Post Charge

I give up! Still having problems logging on and being recognised, then being told to log in again every time I open a new page.

Tried the Feedback link at the bottom only to find that there is nothing on the toolbar that enables me to send my comments.

I have 2 weeks' worth of notes and ratings to add and am about to have a serious red hair moment!!

Tried clearing your internet cache?

I would if I knew what it was and where to find it, Michael! :lol:

Gareth, I downloaded the browser version that came with the new website - Explorer 7, I think.

I will admit to being a total ignoramus in these matters, so any advice would be more than welcome.

As you probably want to get on with this soon & Gareth's not around yet: I don't use IE, so I'm not brilliant with it ... Try: Go to 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' then 'Browing History & the Delete tab' Then 'Temporary Internet Files & the Delete files tab It should be safe to delete temporary' files, so do that & try again.

I would if I knew what it was and where to find it, Michael! :lol:

Gareth, I downloaded the browser version that came with the new website - Explorer 7, I think.

I will admit to being a total ignoramus in these matters, so any advice would be more than welcome.

It'll be in your Internet Options, in the Tools menu. I'd also advise downloading Firefox from http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

It's a much better browser, only problem is that the race videos on the RP site don't work in Firefox as the RP are lazy pricks.

The last couple of days I've been having trouble getting pages of the Racing Post site to load. Resorting to a right-click and 'reload page' has usually done the trick but the problem seems to be worsening.

Am I alone in experiencing this or is it a general problem?............it's bloody irritating!:mad:

Slow for me too recently. For instance when opening a new window for a horses form.

Try pressing the window key, it seems to free it up and the page I want is open on the bottom task bar, although you have to close the menu that pops up.

Don't know why but it works for me.

I was tipped to try Google Chrome as a browser for the RP site and I find it's a big improvement.

On the old RP site they had loads and loads of Tony Morris's pedgree pieces on the weeks big winners...not anymore. :(

i was about to post a question asking about Tony Morris's reports and if anyone knew how to access them. As a racing fan who would only have limited exposure to breeding, I loved it, thought they were excellent.

Can anyone with IT knowledge (Gareth?) tell me how difficult is it to have a website that remembers your password?

It's not difficult at all. I suspect the RP site not remembering you every time you go back is actually a feature, as (some) users have payment and other personal info stored in their accounts and they want to minimise the chances of people having their accounts accessed by others.

Back