Road to the 2000 Guineas

I thought Frankel was extremely impressive on Saturday, especially towards the end of the race when he lengthened his stride and powered home. Nothing will beat him on Guineas day, not sure he needs a pacemaker to be honest.

I thought Frankel was extremely impressive on Saturday, especially towards the end of the race when he lengthened his stride and powered home. Nothing will beat him on Guineas day, not sure he needs a pacemaker to be honest.

I agree, Frankel doesn't need a pacemaker, I think it's more likely the opposition might use one. A hare drawn alongside Frankel might light him up and prevent him settling.

Rerouted would surely be the ideal pacemaker for the Abdulla team - a good 7f horse that would give him a lovely lead .

Interesting to hear Hughes say at Windsor that Strong Suit went wobbly on him and has gone to be checked out

An exciting time to be sure… seems to me there is enough raw material there to take on the good horse though, if that’s the way you’re inclined. If Frankel can win the Guineas he’ll likely be a world beater, as I expect him to improve for stepping up in trip along the lines of New Approach.
New Approach seemed every bit as good as Frankel to me, yet I opposed him in the Guineas, as I felt whatever he did at Newmarket he’d improve for stepping up. As it was he ran a blinder in the Guineas. Question is I suppose is there a Henrythenavigator lurking in there this year… there might be you know. Frankel will clearly take a lot of beating, but it may not be a forlorn hope.

I dont think Frankel is even going to run in the Derby, looks a miler and with his class he can win over 10f in Autumm but will not stay the Derby distance.

I'd disagree with both of you... it often pays to look past received opinion (whether you agree with it or not).

I'd disagree with both of you... it often pays to look past received opinion (whether you agree with it or not).

Indeed it does but doesn't the received opinion here suggest (well at least the market does) that he will stay?

I think he'll stay 12f and would be interesting to say the least in the King George, but his physique is all wrong for Epsom. If he were mine I'd go Guineas/St James Palace/King George/International/Arc.

No Royal Ascot for you Sheikh! New Approach proved it could be done (almost anyway) but he was a much lengthier colt and looked more like a middle distance horse than Frankel does.

I would go the 8-10f route if he were mine. World Domination is going to make that decision easier if Frankel looks a non stayer.

Could we really have two superstars in three years? Seems unlikely...

If the BC was on Synthetics this year, I'd swerve the English Champion and take him to the classic but he'd struggle on dirt I susepct.

I love the race myself but what kind of standing does the Pric du Jockey Club have now?

Prix Du Jockey Club, Eclipse, International, Irish Champion, English Champion for me.

You must think he's a 10f horse then?!! :D

Frankel, Goldikova, Dick Turpin and Canford Cliffs - Potential for some great races later on in the year if he does stick to a mile. We've got to remember that Workforce will be running in all the big 12f races anyway so i'm not sure the prince will want to run him, Frankel and World domination in the same races.

I presume you mentioning a once raced maiden horse as lining up in the King George!

World Domination is probably odds against to line up in the Derby, I would think.

We are talking about a maiden winner who beat an unsold £80k stablemate in an early season maiden. A Class 4 race where the most significant market rival flopped.

Not only are we talking about him as a Derby horse, but we are also talking about the presence of this horse dictating where the owner's two multiple G1-winning superstars might run.

Back