Road to the Arc de Triomphe

I'm struggling to believe if that ground is as fast as the stopwatch brigade have it that Longchamp won't water. Personally I hope they don't as I'd love to see Flintshire run a big one in the Arc and Goldream in the Abbaye. Draw certainly puts me off Golden horn as a bet but I have to say if the going is fast I'd certainly favour him over Treve.

Is anyone worried by what Golden Horn did at Leopardstown?

I have huge time for John Gosden, but I don't buy the notion he advanced that it was the shadow of the grandstand made GH jink.

Last edited:
I'm not promoting Golden Horn, I just don't see him as inferior to Workforce.

Was i dissing Treve? Possibly. She did win the race easily last year but the two three year olds in third and fourth were a filly who'd been on the go all year and a St Leger winner, both of whom did not have the dream run through the race she did (both drawn poorly)
I might be nit picking in opposing her but she is very short.

Free Eagle was in the process of going past GH like a train in Ireland before he got interfered with by the winner. Free Eagle is hugely over-priced for this and could well be the fly in the ointment.

As I said earlier I don't agree with you on the going past part of your post but you could be right about him being the fly in the ointment and one that should be considered.

His trainer can't be accused of over racing him that's for sure and he could show massive improvement in what will be only his 3rd run of the season.

It's a bit of a gamble but he did run Golden Horn close after a 3 month absence so at the price he is worth a few bob EW

the on screen race time for the boussac was 95.44..if that is correct then the ground is getting pretty swift..a Good ground Boussac should take about 97.4.

2 seconds faster than middle Good definitely puts the going into the Good/Firm bracket

as a comparison...last year on Good ground.. Found won in 97.45..textbook good ground time

only Finsceal Beo ground/year was faster than that

Last edited:
a fast ground Arc..who'd a thought it?

ballydoyle wanted it quicker and looked a pretty good bet if the ground excuse last time was believed..certainly a step up from that last run

Last edited:
Drop of rain wouldn't have gone amiss.

Ballydoyle form was there to see. Quicker ground does look to help her.

next race [all colts] has been changed from 7f to 8f this year..so would expect it to be run in a similarish time ..possibly tad faster than Ballydoyle seeing as how they carry 3lb more

i'm glad they haven't watered Frankel..makes GH's chance that bit better:)

Last edited:
I hadn't realised they'd changed it to a mile, threw me... Treve has to be taken on given how quick the ground is...

a slower time ...97.27...than the fillies overall...but the time taken to the ground level camera in both races was similar..35.3 for the fillies..and 35.4 for the colts...suggesting that the fillies race probably contains better horses

Last edited:
Racebets still 6/1 about Golden Horn, had a hefty e/w bet, looks the play to me given the ground.

Price has gone, must have moved the market ����

Anyone else's forum screen gone weird?

Back