Road to the Champion Hurdle 19/20

Saldier wins. Probably quite easily an all, any other year he’s probably place at best.

He won’t win either, but I’d be supplementing Melon. Connections of Envoi must be tempted. Worst Champion Hurdle I’ve known.

Honeysuckle I can’t take too, thought Sharjah would win, did my bollocks on him. Been a really poor day today, my only shining light was Itchy Feet. Had a few anyway, will reflect properly on Monday.

While she is overrated and better over further, I thought it wasnt nearly as awful a performance today as people are making out. Slowed into the last and did very well to find more to get back up. I'd have her value for 2.5-3l win. Not champion hurdle form, but not out of it either. What does it say about early season sexy option Sharjah?

Would Benie be supplemented or Buveur ressurected?

I’ve re-watched it this morning and I’d be surprised if Honeysuckle goes the Champion Hurdle route. The mares won’t lay a glove on her, but I don’t think she’ll place in the Champion Hurdle.

I’ve re-watched it this morning and I’d be surprised if Honeysuckle goes the Champion Hurdle route. The mares won’t lay a glove on her, but I don’t think she’ll place in the Champion Hurdle.

benie wouldn't lay a glove on her?

ironic that while the champion would obviously be a deeper race she'd arguably face a better horse in the mares

Ironically I thing there still a better than average chance that Benie will go the stayers route. And a small chance that neither turn up in the mares at all.

Last edited:
impossible to know how it will all shake out in the end. only guidance we'll have is the betfair markets and atm they seem to suggest benie to the mares and honeysuckle to the champion.

i think in reality though neither set of connections know what route they're going to choose atm.

After this weekend, I'm convinced that Supasundae will win the Champion Hurdle. Haven't been as confident about a 33/1+ shot in a long while.

I wonder if Twisty wants to bring The New One out of retirement hahaha.

Last edited:
Klassical Dream taking a serious drift on the exchanges. Looks like whatever kept him out of Leopardstown is worse than feared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saldier and Klassical Dream out.

I’m down to Sharjah AP now for this. Saldier is a big blow. Luckily have him NRNB in a few bets.

Edit. Got Not So Sleepy at 40s. Not holding my breath on that.

Can confirm this will be the worst Champion ever.

Of the bigger prices, I’d fancy a stab at Supasundae. Jessie is telling everyone that listens that the 2m4f at Aintree is the target for him, but wouldn’t surprise me with how poor a race this is, this is in fact the target.

Think Petit Mouchoir could actually be an each way steal. Everyone’s talking about the others that are just beating him, but they are only just beating him and he’s always there.

With a gun to my head, the first four home at this stage for me:

1st. Sharjah
2nd. Supasundae
3rd. Petit Mouchoir
4th. Epatante

In all seriousness the championship novice hurdle races look stronger, there must be a good chance one or some will take there chance here

Edit. Got Not So Sleepy at 40s. Not holding my breath on that.

Can confirm this will be the worst Champion ever.

Of the bigger prices, I’d fancy a stab at Supasundae. Jessie is telling everyone that listens that the 2m4f at Aintree is the target for him, but wouldn’t surprise me with how poor a race this is, this is in fact the target.

Think Petit Mouchoir could actually be an each way steal. Everyone’s talking about the others that are just beating him, but they are only just beating him and he’s always there.

With a gun to my head, the first four home at this stage for me:

1st. Sharjah
2nd. Supasundae
3rd. Petit Mouchoir
4th. Epatante

Jessie was saying on Nick on Sunday five days ago that Supasundae was being aimed at the Champion this year.

Also https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Champion-Hurdle-next-stop-for-Supasundae&prid=206577

Last edited:
Anyone know to hand how short Pentland Hills went in running at Haydock? Could be the best angle at making money in this race.

Last edited:
Back