Road To The Champion Hurdle

Snap Tie is apparently heading for the Christmas Hurdle at Kempton.

As with Sizing Europe, I wish he had gone chasing this season instead.

8s about Chomba Womba is massive value.

Agreed. I know I've been dismissive of her Champion Hurdle prospects (doesn't seem like she'll be racing in March anyway) but on soft ground, 8/1 is a very fair price about the mare.

River Liane is an interesting contender as well.

Both Chomba Womba and Katchit are massively overpriced, both each way.

I think Chomba Womba is still worth backing for the CH.

hope binocular finds little off bridle and katchit out fights him up hill.If so i have full pockets if not still content that ive seen a very good horse in binocular.cant wait.

River Liane - for one bad run when he burst blood vessels when travelling way he´s a monster price at 25´s. Beat Beau Michael easily first time out when short of work and that one has run very well since.

Sizing Europe has suffered a slight setback which has put in jeopardy his participation in Monday's Leopardstown Golf Centre December Festival Hurdle.

The six-year-old is being treated for a bruised foot and a decision on whether he will take his chance in the Grade One feature, for which a field of nine has been declared, is likely to be made in the morning.

"He pulled out slightly sore this morning, I'm afraid," said trainer Henry de Bromhead on Sunday.

"We're treating it and hopefully he'll be OK for tomorrow, but we're not sure at the moment and we're going to see how he is in the morning.

"He had a canter up the hill and he is fine on the grass - but he's not 100 per cent when he's on a firmer surface."

Henry de Bromhead is still at a loss to explain the below-par performance of Sizing Europe in the Leopardstown Golf December Festival Hurdle.

The six-year-old gelding, so impressive last January in the AIG Europe Champion Hurdle but without a win since, travelled strongly approaching the straight before eventually fading tamely when fifth to Sublimity in yesterday's Grade 1.

'He seems fine and there is nothing that stands out so we will just have to see,' said the County Waterford handler.

'Obviously he had the bruised foot the day before and you would like to think it was that, but I just don't know.

'You kind of hope that something might show up but he seems okay and it is just one of those things. I don't know where we go from here but I will have a chat with his owners and we will decide then.'

i thought se would romp home last year

but the way hestopped in the ch and performences since he has returned i would say their is something seriously wrong physically or mentally not a betting proposition at group level

Im beginning to think its a mental issue.Gets his head in front and stops.Clopf had similar issues last year

He knew to keep going last year.With the problems he's had, I think he's feeling something at the business end. I hope we don't find out what it is when he falls down in a heap.

Any chance a pacemaker could be put in for Brave Inca in the Irish Champion rather than him having to force the pace himself? Just kind of sets it up for the others.

I agree with Sheikh aobut Sizing Europe - the horse clearly has developed a physical problem, possibly minor bleeding into the lungs under max effort or something else equally hard to detect. Once good horses don;t stop dead like that for no reason, hope to God he doesn't do a Detroit City

Good luck with finding the pacemaker Cantoris - woudl be great to see the old boy win another G1!

FWIW Oran the evidence I have points to a slow early pace followed by a sprint at L'Town (but I should say its inconclusive). EC1 you should know better than to simply take standards without 'standardising them' to set a distance. And even then you should build a class par in?

Much as though I hate to admit it, it backs up what Maruco was suggesting. Inca would have been a sitting duck to the sprint influenced horses

Last edited:
Back