Road To The Champion Hurdle

Not sure there is much point in anyone responding to stupid "is that the same blah blah" comments. Might as well say "is that the same Kauto who fell. blah blah". sort of rubbish you hear in the bookies

I thought he was a terrific horse (who i never backed btw)

whatever the exact merits of RB's performances, the simple fact that Hobbs has Menorah as at least his equal is noteworthy enough isnt it? Thats all we need to know

Henderson tipped the Pipe horse on The Morning Line, Hamm; it was his charity bet, I believe..he was @ 7/1 at the time. I had an ew on Walkon for the Champion Hurdle yesterday at 50/1 just in case he does something amazing today.

If only you could now see how PC would have run against Walkon at Haydock knowing what we know now

Grand effort from Walkon - but not sure how much King will have left to improve on. The four year olds from last year look very poor.

Not sure there is much point in anyone responding to stupid "is that the same blah blah" comments. Might as well say "is that the same Kauto who fell. blah blah". sort of rubbish you hear in the bookies

I thought he was a terrific horse (who i never backed btw)

whatever the exact merits of RB's performances, the simple fact that Hobbs has Menorah as at least his equal is noteworthy enough isnt it? Thats all we need to know

Actually, I think we could do with knowing more. I agree with your scenario of the lead changing hands several times up the hill, but I don't think being the equal of Rooster Booster would be enough to guarantee victory this year. It puts him in the mix, along with the other obvious candidates, in an open looking race, but no more than that.

I love the way that a mere mention of Rooster Booster gets people going. Even Hamm's contributions on the topic are bearable.

I'm still wondering where the Rooster Booster Champion Hurdle Prospects 2011 Thread is gone to. It will always remind me of Alan Morgan. That and Florida Pearl. Alan said Florida had the heart of a lamb, but I guess the horse had the last laugh on that one. Top man.

Anyway, the Booster. I reckon - at his best - he'd have been a good thing in the limited handicap at Ascot today, off around 10.7 or less.

I love the way that a mere mention of Rooster Booster gets people going. Even Hamm's contributions on the topic are bearable.

I'm still wondering where the Rooster Booster Champion Hurdle Prospects 2011 Thread is gone to. It will always remind me of Alan Morgan. That and Florida Pearl. Alan said Florida had the heart of a lamb, but I guess the horse had the last laugh on that one. Top man.

Anyway, the Booster. I reckon - at his best - he'd have been a good thing in the limited handicap at Ascot today, off around 10.7 or less.

Not sure why you seem to have a problem with me?

Alan took the victory of Rooster Booster very well :lol:

Not sure why you seem to have a problem with me?

Obsession with Sizing Europe or whoever you've inflexibly decided is rubbish. Dominating threads by repeating the same points, even when presented with coherent arguments to the contrary. Not my cup of tea but then, I'm probably being harsh...just a shame that a lot of the old debaters don't really post anymore. Don't take it personally.

Actually, I think we could do with knowing more. I agree with your scenario of the lead changing hands several times up the hill, but I don't think being the equal of Rooster Booster would be enough to guarantee victory this year.

Entirely agree, but at 9/2 its fair enough

Obsession with Sizing Europe or whoever you've inflexibly decided is rubbish. Dominating threads by repeating the same points, even when presented with coherent arguments to the contrary. Not my cup of tea but then, I'm probably being harsh...just a shame that a lot of the old debaters don't really post anymore. Don't take it personally.

What year did you last contribute something meaningful?

You sound like a strange fella pining for years past on an Internet forum..

Last edited:
Bobbyjo is a top man who doesn't need me to defend him.Sublimity and Rule Supreme at tasty prices would give him a festival record as as good as anybody else on here.A man who has no difficulty seeing the big picture.

I don't quite get the downer on Sizing Europe . He was mighty impressive in the Arkle and I fear they have just been running him over the wrong trip this year. It was a shame that he missed the KG as that might have made it very clear he did not stay .

I don't quite get the downer on Sizing Europe . He was mighty impressive in the Arkle and I fear they have just been running him over the wrong trip this year. It was a shame that he missed the KG as that might have made it very clear he did not stay .

We agree on somethings Ardross - he doesn't stay 3 miles - another contender for the Ryanair me thinks!

Back