Sprinting Division

Kingsgate Native unquestionably has the abilkity to win this. As his Temple run shows, the trouble is he has become a real inconsistent twicer. I'm beginning to think though as a 4's chance on form, the current 8's looks quite appealing.

I am begining to think he may be the one, along with Fleeting Spirit (have a feeling she may be pulled out), and will put both in each way doubles with Oasis Dancer.

Fleeting Spirit has only won 1 (July Cup)of her last 10 starts. Granted she has some good runs to her name but she doesnt win often enough for me.

Just watched the July Cup again and have reverted to original plan. Back Equiano. York really should suit him so well.

Fleeting Spirit has only won 1 (July Cup)of her last 10 starts. Granted she has some good runs to her name but she doesnt win often enough for me.

Before Tuesday, you could have said Rip had won 2 out of his last 8. Those kind of stats are very misleading.

Trip too short for SSB whatever about him getting isolated. Kingsgate disappointing and Equiano looked like he had a problem. How many picks would you need to go with Sole Power before that? The only thing I can see is that he might like something about York based on his close third in the sales race last year.

That is some improvement from the gelding based on his recent form! Hard to believe...

Starspangledbanner definitely just looked done for speed rather than being over the top or anything. Haydock then America presumably?

Ah is that what it was? He was gelded? I was at that race at the Curragh on Irish Derby day and thought it was a poor race what with Reverence nearly winning on fast ground at his age!

SOLE POWER off to the l'Abbaye next. Was that run in record time? They went a helluva clatter. 100-1, fav, 100-1 - what are the chances of that?!

where is Overdose????

Dicking about beating trees in Eastern Europe before he turns up in Paris at an offensively short price because he's been hyped up so much?

He's a very talented horse judged on the void Abbaye but he's going to be priced up so short because of that despite having endless problems.

Like Euro, I'm going off sprints more and more, they're just a farce half the time. The obscene tailwind ruined that one. I enjoyed them when Reverence was winning them in soft ground a few years ago but I just can't get motivated by these affairs.

I think Overdose will not be the same horse he was but seeing this race he wins the abbadie if running a stone an a half worse horse than he was that day in Italy.

Not sure there was too much wrong with that race - the favourite was always going to struggle over 5, and the next 2 bombed out, which can happen. The sprint races have been won by decent horses this season.

Quite happy SSB didn't get up after what happened at Newmarket.

The Overdose hype is farcical. He's never won a half decent race. What price would he be in the Abbaye?

In fact I think Overdose is the horse most underrated in a decade

that race in Italy is the best sprinting nce I have seen by a long way

I suspect he'd go off fav or second fav. He's a verytalented horse and the voided Abbaye was quicker than the actual Abbaye but he's had a lot of problems and I'd want nigh on double figures to get involved. I do think the 5f division is very weak though.

I think the conditions made the result a little exaggerated. I've been questionable of SSB but I actually think that was a very good performance given conditions and where he raced.

Back