The 2022 Longshot Thread

Michael Dods was bitterly disappointed with Azure Blue after she hacked up at Hamilton.

Azure Bloe 20/1 for the win 2/1 for 6 places in the Heritage.

Michael Dods was bitterly disappointed with Azure Blue after she hacked up at Hamilton.

Azure Bloe 20/1 for the win 2/1 for 6 places in the Heritage.

Ran a stormer finished like a train into 4th place paid 3.87 for 6 places

Last edited:
Duchess Of Cambridge
Newmarket Friday 2.25
Carmela 25/1

She ran a good 8th at Royal Ascot staying on late. The step up to 6f will bring big improvement. After she won her maiden her trainer said some big things about her including that she was a proper filly. With only 5 runners and none of that you'd be afraid of she's way overpriced.

20/1 3 places bet 365 extra place market. 6 run.

Newmarket 1.50 - Oh Herberts Reign 66/1, 4 places - has had a mention or two in the past and it's never really interested me but it's now second top on my figures (obviously vulnerable to improvers) so really shouldn't be such a big price.

I've debated this and just decided that System is worth an each way bet at Ascot tomorrow in the 4.45. It's the type of one where I would kick myself so badly if she finished in the first three so worth a small saver.

She showed promise last season when beating Cachet in a listed race. She then ran 5th in a group 3 before finishing a very respectable 8th in a sales races at York.

The winner of that York race was Ever Given and he has gone on to win since then. The third horse Wings Of War is another to do well since. There's several others who finished in front of System that day who have won races since.

Those are the positive reasons System could be a decent longshot. The negatives are there for all to see. She has hardly run to any of her best form this season in three starts so far.

On balance I still think with 8+ runners she's an each way price off what is a very low handicap mark now based on some of the form I mentioned earlier.

I could look either very clever or extremely foolish after this race. We'll see.

Last edited:
July Cup - Emaraaty Ana 40/1, 5 places - entitled to be in the mix for the places on his very best form and the trainer always had Brando hard fit for this race.

She’s been a big disappointment since coming over from France but Phil Kirby’s Winfola is 33/1 in the 8.0 at Hamilton and she’s in foal. I know it’s been disproved that mares run better when in foal but I can’t get out of the habit of backing them. Just hope she comes back safe and goes on to have a beautiful baby. If looks won races she’d be a champion!

I've debated this and just decided that System is worth an each way bet at Ascot tomorrow in the 4.45. It's the type of one where I would kick myself so badly if she finished in the first three so worth a small saver.

She showed promise last season when beating Cachet in a listed race. She then ran 5th in a group 3 before finishing a very respectable 8th in a sales races at York.

The winner of that York race was Ever Given and he has gone on to win since then. The third horse Wings Of War is another to do well since. There's several others who finished in front of System that day who have won races since.

Those are the positive reasons System could be a decent longshot. The negatives are there for all to see. She has hardly run to any of her best form this season in three starts so far.

On balance I still think with 8+ runners she's an each way price off what is a very low handicap mark now based on some of the form I mentioned earlier.

I could look either very clever or extremely foolish after this race. We'll see.

Oh the pain.well picked Marb.

Lol that was nearly my best longshot since Boreham Bill in the 2021 Lanzarote hurdle. :)

I put her in an each way goliath today and have a few other placers so her placing was good enough for me.

Maybe another day for System. :)

Last edited:
Lol that was nearly my best longshot since Boreham Bill in the 2020 Lanzarote hurdle. :)

I put her in an each way goliath today and have a few other placers so her placing was good enough for me.

Maybe another day for System. :)

50/1 beaten a neck..........heart goes out to you mate:(

50/1 beaten a neck..........heart goes out to you mate:(

Yeah cheers Tan if i'd had any other winners on my each way goliath the win part of the each way goliath would have kicked in if System had won, but as all I had was a few placers whether System had won or placed, I was still receiving the same money back if she won or placed so its just one of those things.

I could have done her in a single but anyways...jockey reported she hung right the final two furlongs, maybe she's worth following now she seems her old self in good health...she has that form from last season...maybe 7 furlongs next time?

Onwards and upwards to the Stewards Cup now you can't fault my passion for form study ha.

What a let down Star Of Orion in the Bunbury Cup was. I think I would have got another 50-100 quid if he had just placed. He ran no sort of race.

Last edited:
Saxone Scene is a nice type who caught my eye at Lingfield, just about the worst place on earth to run a novice.

Despite everything that could go wronng went wrong but he still ran a decent race and could get placed or even better here at a big price.

Some crazy person took 100 75 50 and 25 on the machine and sent the bookies into a panic:lol: They were offering 8/1 now 10/1 best priced but 17.5 is still avaianlble on the machine

He's 16 on the EW market but for the price of a banana at the moment.

Saxone Scene is one to keep an eye on no matter what happens today...he knows ya know:lol:

Saxone Scene is a nice type who caught my eye at Lingfield, just about the worst place on earth to run a novice.

Despite everything that could go wronng went wrong but he still ran a decent race and could get placed or even better here at a big price.

Some crazy person took 100 75 50 and 25 on the machine and sent the bookies into a panic:lol: They were offering 8/1 now 10/1 best priced but 17.5 is still avaianlble on the machine

Saxone Scene is one to keep an eye on no matter what happens today...he knows ya know:lol:
Does he know how to spell it, or where it's running at?

got a run for my money if nothiung else...4th beaten 3 3/4 lengths gambled down to 7/1.........

System raised 3lbs to a mark of 85 and also entered up in a class 2 at Newbury on Saturday.

Back